M5 Crash

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
were you ever into the motor bikes i only had a couple Triumph speed twin
Yes, I was in the trade. Went though a quick succession of own bikes but rode customer bikes and with national service in prospect, it wasn't worth spending. In my main posting I rode in an army trials team for three years and had my own AMC 350 allocated (Matchless G3L). I had a smattering of bikes over the years after the army, last one a Honda CB500R twin which I sold in 2003.

In my first job we had a quaint workshop bike which any of us could use. It was an ancient BSA 250 with exposed overhead valves with stems that needed regular greasing via grease nipples, no upper end oil lubrication. The bottom end was fed by a Pilgrim pump on the side of the crankcase with a screw feed that had to be turned up for motoring "fast". Three speed with a hand change gear lever on the side of the tank, advance/retard and mixture levers on the handlebar meant that one really needed at least four arms to handle everything. On a good day it could reach an indicated 55 mph, probably more like 50 mph at best.

Last edited:

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
In terms of every ownership factor taken into account, the best car I've ever owned was a Skoda Fabia 1.2 which I had for five and a half years. I sold it exactly as I received it, every part original without exception, and still looking as good as when it rolled out of the showroom. It's only fault was that it didn't evolve into something different, which is why I sold it, just for the change.
Yes the old Skoda well goodly motors even if they were against us during the war but we must not mention the war i am looking at the new 14cc Fabia looks very tempting there are plenty of second hand models around here around 2-3 years old i was looking at a couple only 6-7000 mls on the clock well i woulden't put more than five thousand a year on it myself it's just that i have every confidence in the mechanics of the beast i.e. engine more than anything else i just want a motor that will start when i want it to rattles clicks n clonks are no matter to me so long as i dont have to faf about with the thing tho's days are far behind me now , just thought i would mention it Flecc .. cheers n beers T.J.