theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
Hi
The lady is being harassed on Ebay by members of this forum partly by Me

Not fair it Must STOP How would you fell if it was your wife or girlfriend

Frank
im with you on this. the poor woman has never sold before, obviously she is going to list what she considers will sell the bike. she probably never thought to list its life history, give her a break. its something i am noticing more and more on this site, one bite and the whole pack goes into a frenzy.usualy started by one of the younger dogs in the pack .

Last edited:

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
Too true nothing wrong with a 'reasonable' enquiry, but yours was nothing like reasonable.
It was not a bike you or any of your relations had lost, you had no intention of buying the bike you were just harassing the seller. Well you got the information you wanted and no BS.
It was never stated ''£1600 only needs a battery''
What was said was ''very good make as the model costs £1,600 new''
I have been on ebay for years and have a 100% FB on more than 550 items and you get "enquiries" from all sorts, some objectionable.
If i had received that sort of enquiry for an honest sale my reply would have been 2 words the first beginning with F the second with O
here here me to

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
It was probably an insurance job and she pocketed £1600 and got the bike back later on and didnt even tell insurance company and then sells it on ebay for a few extra ££££'s and hides the fact its stolen recovered!
tells people it only needs battery and it fact its been run around a council estate poping wheelies and hit every kerb along its way!:D

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

It is interesting to note that the price is starting to creep up on eBay, currently £102. I wonder if the publicity generated here is a contributory factor.

Well done Eddie;)

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Lemmy, with regard to your comment about hyperbole, NEVER! I might have used a little exaggeration with the parallels I drew but I simply never resort to hyperbole.

I hope that's clear.

Regards,
Indalo

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes she is a living saint:rolleyes: trying to pass of a crock of shite as a servicable bike with a hidden history...and I think a lot of you are missing the point...It was a bloomin stolen bike after all! :D

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
Lemmy, with regard to your comment about hyperbole, NEVER! I might have used a little exaggeration with the parallels I drew but I simply never resort to hyperbole.

I hope that's clear.

Regards,
Indalo
This is true
I've read Indalo's original post 1001 times over - at no point does he ever resort to hyperbole.

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer

I hope that's clear.

Regards,
Indalo
Hyperbole: the use of exaggeration to make a point (OED)

Hyperbole: Exaggeration used for effect (Collins)

I think you are agreeing with my post - and I even said a little hyperbole :confused:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
There are a couple of posts sailing close to the wind.

Keep it civil folks.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I think its just banter Russ and nothing else :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
how about locking it or removing it....

C

Cyclezee

Fair point Aldby and succinctly presented. I wish I could learn to condense things to a couple of lines yet make the point!

Regards,
Indalo
Wish I could write big long sentences like what you can Indalo:rolleyes:

Should we start a love in Indalo, I think this thread could do with some hugs and kisses:eek:

P.S. my communications at work are renowned for there brevity and clarity. I have aslo been told that they are very Scottish, what ever that means:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009

Should we start a love in Indalo, I think this thread could do with some hugs and kisses:eek:

P.S. my communications at work are renowned for there brevity and clarity. I have aslo been told that they are very Scottish, what ever that means:mad:
Having lived in Scotland's beautiful Riviera for the formative years of my life and also learning to fully appreciate[I hope] the Scottish self depreciating sense of humour - I believe brevity and clarity equates to less B/S ---
More power to your elbow.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear

Sending some hugs and xxxx :)
( cos I wouldnt like you 2 guys getting TOO touchy feely LOL )

Status
Not open for further replies.