eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You make it sound as it's a chore.. like washing the dog...

The only possible chore is deciding where to ride. :)

Actually it might turn out to be a good night if rumours are to be believed. A very good mate has had a Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Expert 6Fattie on order and I have just heard that it has arrived. The bastard got 1.5k off the list price for it as well! 1k off the price of bike, plus in around about way, £500.00 cash back. I had the same offer, but they just do it for me.

Last edited:

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
I gave up on a lot of FP's that have stiles as generally they are a pain in the backside.
They are. I'm in south London. Bexley. We have to take what we can. However as my fitness and confidence grows I can see me and the lad going further afield. Both bikes will lay nicely in the back of our old zafira.

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Well I was right about tonight, it was pretty cold.

Cold enough to freeze the water in the tube of my CamelBak and stop it from working, and cold enough to freeze the mud on the frame, which began to create a massive build up of frozen mud by the time that I got in. Another issue reared it's ugly head as well, which was frozen gears. That one is always a real nuisance.

On the plus side of the Camelbak being frozen, the Sharps Doom bar that I am now drinking, is going down very nicely! :)

I'm calling tonight's ride, Run rabbit run, with me being the rabbit. Lets just say that for a while tonight, my off road riding skills were very much put to the test! :D

Only two photos from tonight.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Cold enough to freeze the water in the tube of my CamelBak and stop it from working,

put some vodka in it ;)

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I usually cycle with friends but even so i always tell missus where I'm going and for how long, and always carry my mobile phone. I've had, and seem to many occasions after accidents etc, where help is needed.
Anyway, i'm pleased your ok Neath.
One last thing, i think coming off an E-bike is slightly more dangerous due to the extra weight. My bikes grips and pedals (identical to my friend who i was cycling with) incurred much more damage, which i put down to mostly bike weight.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
A toasty 12 degrees here in North Scotland. My son was riding in shorts and tshirt. On Saturday could not ride because ice [emoji28]
Where are you Big Malky? I was out riding last night on my mtb near Falkirk and like you it was a warm evening :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Another day and another ride. Well two rides actually, as I went out with my regular ride partner this morning, and the spring on his rear mech snapped after just a couple of miles. We modified the mech so that he could continue, but only having first gear.
The ride was kind of spoilt not by that, but by some idiot taking our photo for riding on a bridleway on Ashdown forest. He was very lucky not to have his camera phone rammed down his throat.

Anyway, back out again this afternoon on my own for a bit more trail building and just poking about.

This is a shot that covers pretty much the area that I have permission to play on.

A bit chilly down in the valley bottom.

More frozen on dirt. :( I guess that just leaves more time to sit back and enjoy some Cornish Blue cheese that I had a hankering to buy on the way home. :)

Last edited:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I was at Surrey hills today eddie, but I'm a softy and i'm sure it was -3c at one point. I was trying out the new purion, and will be selling the nyon on eBay.
I often cycle byways and am very friendly towards walkers, but many seem to hate us mtb folk.

Related Articles

Advertisers