ebikes on a roll

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Thanks for your answer you both. I'll try not to consume my battery too fast... but still I just want to go to max speed everytime I ride it.

Flec, I think people either know the battery type or not. If they don't know what is LiFePO4, it's very unlikely they would know what is Lithium Polymer. For me, it doesn't really matter. It's just faster and I don't think there is any point arguing on that. I'm just a little bit surprised.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's perfectly true cwah, but I'd hate to type the formula for that long compound cathode type that I've just posted on the previous page.

In my case I think the names more suited to the nature of this forum, which is much less technically biased than such as the Endless Sphere forum. I'd hate to think of newcomers viewing the site scared off the impression of too much technicality. But it's an opinion thing of course, not a subject for rules.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
nissan got to laugh at that one comparing to saab

regards
I agree who in their right mind would think any saab on the planet could keep up with a NISSAN GT-R

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Since I am on my high horse whyt is it you can buy a bike for £150 that has choice of frame sizes yet in electric bikes they nearly all come with tiny chinese adult size frames but cost over £1000 and come with massive long seat posts (I am a 6ft 3" regular bike rider who can see a midget bike when he is looking at one without being told it is suitable for upto 6ft 3" ridders ,pull the other one)
This is my big issue with most e-bikes, they come in one size fits all tiny Chinese frames that are no good to anyone over 5ft 10". With the population getting taller this really needs to change. As far as i know only a few manufacturers offer good frame sizes and thats Kalkhoff but for a full range you need to look to Trek. Do not under estimate the importance of a correct frame size is. Get the correct frame size and you will cycle more efficiently and the bike just feels like a bike. The only reason i still have my Trek is because it rides like a bike with a nice big 25" frame and i could just strip the electrics off and have a good correct fitting commuter makes a big difference.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
most German bikes come in a choice of frame size

Skysurfer

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2011
Got one. Decathlon elops from Stockport, last one in shop-£400. I'm a happy bunny. I've reviewed it, here.