E-bike kits - availability

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
G'day All,

I'm thinking (still) about electrifying my Cannondale. I want a nice stealthy setup as far as possible, and was very interested in the Oxygen kit for this reason. BUT, it's currently out of stock with a 2 month wait.

Eddie's Daahub setup also sounds good, apart from the slightly more ungainly battery arrangement. BUT, it's only available in Greece and New Zealand :)confused::confused::confused:) and not likely to be sold here, say Wisper.

SO, can anyone recommend something neat, as per above. Prefer front wheel drive and bottle-type battery, NOT rack-mounted as I've got no rack mounting points and I don't like them anyway.

Thanks, Hugh

C

Cyclezee

Hi Hugh,

Unfortunately, an eZee kit does not meet with your criteria with regard to battery location.

We would however be happy to supply you with a kit minus battery if you can source one that is compatible and meets your requirements.

Regards,

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
We only have stem mounted batteries in stock and only suitable for front-driven, with non-disk brakes.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
G'day All,

I'm thinking (still) about electrifying my Cannondale. I want a nice stealthy setup as far as possible, and was very interested in the Oxygen kit for this reason. BUT, it's currently out of stock with a 2 month wait.

Eddie's Daahub setup also sounds good, apart from the slightly more ungainly battery arrangement. BUT, it's only available in Greece and New Zealand :)confused::confused::confused:) and not likely to be sold here, say Wisper.

SO, can anyone recommend something neat, as per above. Prefer front wheel drive and bottle-type battery, NOT rack-mounted as I've got no rack mounting points and I don't like them anyway.

Thanks, Hugh
I'm in a similar boat Hugh, I'm keen to get back out on my bike as the evenings get lighter, an Oxygen kit looks favourable, then.......a 2 month wait. It's a bit frustrating really. I remember when I was looking at complete bikes rather than kits a few years ago it was a very similar story. Nothing of any real note to add, I just wanted to have a moan!!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
BionX or 8Fun?

who told you DaaHub not being available here? maybe a competitor!lol:p

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
G'day All,

I'm thinking (still) about electrifying my Cannondale. I want a nice stealthy setup as far as possible

Thanks, Hugh
The Cytronex system is roughly what you seem to require Hugh but God knows what's happened over the much talked about kit that should have been with us some time ago. There is more than one motor available offering different levels of performance on their stock bikes which, as I'm sure you know, includes several Cannondale models. I quite like their system and I can ride much quicker on my Cannondale than on my Dutch bike.

Indalo

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
BionX or 8Fun?

who told you DaaHub not being available here? maybe a competitor!lol:p
Sorry to say it was Wisper themselves in the shape of Douglas Lawson, a director.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
The Cytronex system is roughly what you seem to require Hugh but God knows what's happened over the much talked about kit that should have been with us some time ago. There is more than one motor available offering different levels of performance on their stock bikes which, as I'm sure you know, includes several Cannondale models. I quite like their system and I can ride much quicker on my Cannondale than on my Dutch bike.

Indalo
Cytronex would be great, but I've given up even thinking about it due to availability problems.

Why is it that all this kit seems to be as Scotch mist when it comes to actually getting your hands on any of it? :mad::mad::mad:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Sorry to say it was Wisper themselves in the shape of Douglas Lawson, a director.
I find that odd and hard to believe......DaaHub Kit so good. Greece & NZ in isolation makes little sense......

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Perhaps thats why I have heard nothing from David for months about the kit. I was extremely keen to go for the daahub. Damn. Oh well looks like the Honda will have to do for a while longer until the next optimum kit finally materialises. I must admit I was a bit surprised to see Andrew advising they were sold out. I think we have all scratched our heads over availability of the kits. Seems such a shame to spend so much on development and then have nothing to sell. If I was Alan Sugar I think I would be saying 'Having no stock to sell is unforgivable... You're FIRED !!!!'

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
As Alan Sugar said to the owner of Harrods: You're Fayed!

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I find that odd and hard to believe......DaaHub Kit so good. Greece & NZ in isolation makes little sense......
Eddie - I entirely agree; it sounds demented.......
I'll forward you his email if you pm me your address.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The New Zealanders and Greeks both have a reputation for being a little mad. Hopefully that isn't a bad omen for the DaaHub.

C

Cyclezee

Whatever the reasons for unavailability of some brands, eZee kits and bikes are available from stock within the UK..............mainland Europe, America, Africa, Australasia etc.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Whatever the reasons for unavailability of some brands, eZee kits and bikes are available from stock within the UK..............mainland Europe, America, Africa, Australasia etc.
come up with a more enlightened in frame battery solution and Ezee kits would be flying off the shelves I would think....

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The New Zealanders and Greeks both have a reputation for being a little mad. Hopefully that isn't a bad omen for the DaaHub.
I understand the NZ link as kit was designed by Wisper chap there...But Greece in isolation to the rest of Europe?

I find it frustrating as I am sure once they get the opportunity to try one, people will be impressed. I appreciate i can get a bit evangelical about bikes I like, but it is a nice powerful system.level 3 more then enough for most things and 4-5 for a blast.......

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
come up with a more enlightened in frame battery solution and Ezee kits would be flying off the shelves I would think....
Personally I am not sure about that Eddie.....I like the 'stealth' idea of a battery actually inside the frame......but they seem to be very expensive to replace .....and the bottle types dont seem to be very powerful.......so what would be a reasonable solution ?

I think, overall, for me, the under rear rack type seem more versatile and allow for an extra one to be carried on top if required and the whole thing to be hidden by panniers if required.

Although, of course, I appreciate this can all add considerably to weight, but then you cant seem to have less battery weight without losing range.........and on we all go in circles :D

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Eddie,

eZee have looked at the possibilities of in frame batteries for kits and may produce one to their own design one day, but there are several factors that they are not happy about, for example the limit on capacity, aesthetics, etc.

The current rear mounted battery setup works very well and with the latest lightweight Samsung celled eZee FP batteries there is very little to gain in terms of handling.