E-bike kits - availability

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hmmmm......so why would that be a requirement I wonder.

Perhaps Wisper are getting too concerned with Public Liability, possibly the perceived threat of legal action if the installation went wrong ???

I dont remember Eddie commenting that it was unusually difficult to install, it all seems very strange to me and obviously disappointing to all (?) the people who have been waiting patiently to get their hands on one.

Lynda :)
I agree Lynda this is very disappointing for all and I apologise for that. I am particularly upset with the situation having spent many 10's of thousands and an incredible amount of time developing the system!

However until we can guaranty that the system is fool proof and can secure public liability insurance, we will not be marketing in the UK. The need for insurance is paramount, I certainly could not sleep at night knowing our customers were not fully protected if something failed.

What is particularly galling is the kit is actually very easy to fit, probably the best out there (although maybe a little ugly to some) and would sell extremely well!

All the best

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But the DaaHub will fit any of these bikes facing backwards over rear wheel.
I know, but as in my answer to John, you called for an in-frame eZee battery Eddie, so I answered to that!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I agree Lynda this is very disappointing for all and I apologise for that. I am particularly upset with the situation having spent many 10's of thousands and an incredible amount of time developing the system!

However until we can guaranty that the system is fool proof and can secure public liability insurance, we will not be marketing in the UK. The need for insurance is paramount, I certainly could not sleep at night knowing our customers were not fully protected if something failed.

What is particularly galling is the kit is actually very easy to fit, probably the best out there (although maybe a little ugly to some) and would sell extremely well!

All the best

David
Does that mean david that Public Liability Insurance is a legal necessity when selling kits for electric bikes, or are you erring on the cautious side ?

I cant understand how a self fitted kit should incur the necessity for P.L. insurance than say a bike with the motor already fitted...........surely a disclaimer for home fitting, given at the point of sale, absolving you from liability if wrongly fitted, should be enough ?

As for being ugly, personally I think that the position Eddie had his fitted in, didnt especially help the aesthetics ...... perhaps it might look better somewhere else :D

Bet you wish now that you had spent that money on a luxury world cruise :D

Lynda :)

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Just read through this thread. Phew!