Disabled cyclist; with one bad choice behind her, needs help with a new bike

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
I know what I don't want (I already have that)

I need a low step through, with shedloads of power to take me not very fast, everywhere, even up hills

I needs to be light, with big wheels, suspension, very sit up and beg

In fact a complete cross between the 2 bikes I have

The crusa is too heavy and all the weight is at the back so it's unstable when I walk with it or load it on the train

The fazua is too big for me I can't get my leg over the bar and my legs aren't strong enough to register on the torque/motor

Attachments

Giraffe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2024
Thanks, I am struggling to sell it - I'll have a go

The frame is from a small boutique brand - ATR

I cant trade it in locally as the bike shop that offers trade in doesn't sell anything suitable

I really have a green elephant in the corner of my spare room!

Now looking at a Ribble which is a similar weight bit I have worked out the motor yet
Maybe also advertise it in a few other places?

Cycling UK has a forum where you can sell bikes (not specifically ebikes but people sell all sorts of bikes: tourers, vintage, recumbents, trikes as well as ebikes). I have sold bikes there in the past. https://forum.cyclinguk.org. You don't need to be a cycling UK member to join the forum. Scroll down to find the bike sale thread. You might need to check up on it every so often to keep it active.

I wonder if there is a Facebook Group or Reddit Group for people interested in bikes with Fazua motors that might be worth advertising in? I am a bit wary of Facebook Marketplace but an a special interest group might be different.