Disabled cyclist; with one bad choice behind her, needs help with a new bike

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

Ribble road bikes seem to be Mahle X20 mid motor, which seems to get thumbs up for low drag but thumbs down for rather low torque. See rather hard to read first post in link.

Might be a rerun of the Fazua for you, so take care and get a long day test ride before spending the money.

Giraffe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2024
My partner has an Orbea bike with a Mahle motor. It is a nice bike but as as you say the Mahle is more aimed at people wanting a bit of assistance. The battery is only 250 Whr so many people have the motor switched off when you don't need it. I think the Mahle used in Orbea and Ribble is a hub motor rather than a mid drive. I don't think it would be a solution for someone wanting a lot of assistance assistance.

Last edited:

Giraffe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2024
Thanks, I am struggling to sell it - I'll have a go

The frame is from a small boutique brand - ATR

I cant trade it in locally as the bike shop that offers trade in doesn't sell anything suitable

I really have a green elephant in the corner of my spare room!

Now looking at a Ribble which is a similar weight bit I have worked out the motor yet
Maybe also advertise it in a few other places?

Cycling UK has a forum where you can sell bikes (not specifically ebikes but people sell all sorts of bikes: tourers, vintage, recumbents, trikes as well as ebikes). I have sold bikes there in the past. https://forum.cyclinguk.org. You don't need to be a cycling UK member to join the forum. Scroll down to find the bike sale thread. You might need to check up on it every so often to keep it active.

I wonder if there is a Facebook Group or Reddit Group for people interested in bikes with Fazua motors that might be worth advertising in? I am a bit wary of Facebook Marketplace but an a special interest group might be different.