Cyclist fights off gang of robbers trying to steal his e-bike

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
What if that video was made by people selling red food dye in a squirter?
They're at least £11.99 minus costs richer than they were before yesterday.

I've secured it to the bike, ready for rapid deployment. Gremlins will be sprayed red.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
They're at least £11.99 minus costs richer than they were before yesterday.

I've secured it to the bike, ready for rapid deployment. Gremlins will be sprayed red.
If you keep on adding tat to that bike of yours, soon it will weigh in heavier than my Argos folding bike made of girders.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you keep on adding tat to that bike of yours, soon it will weigh in heavier than my Argos folding bike made of girders.
I did buy a 12V buck converter and replacement switches with the intention of making a latching 12V 2A horn, rather than a momentary one, to act as a continuous panic alarm, and more stuff for indicators... but I'll probably never get around to it. Another 5kg doesn't matter when you inject anabolic steroids regularly. Your bike frame will probably outlive you.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I did buy a 12V buck converter and replacement switches with the intention of making a latching 12V 2A horn, rather than a momentary one, to act as a panic alarm, and more stuff for indicators... but I'll probably never get around to it. Another 5kg doesn't matter when you inject anabolic steroids regularly.
And yet you dissed my Argos princess for being a little on the tubby side.....

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
And yet you dissed my Argos princess for being a little on the tubby side.....
I said 25kg isn't very heavy! Quite honestly, anything under 45kg is fine by me, if it can climb hills and tow 90kg trailers up those hills.

Not very heavy: 25kg, including 2.35kg battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost1951

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
any bike over 20kg is a tank :confused:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
problem: carry with intent to use as "self defense" (difficult to argue any other use case) so if harm is caused to the attacker - or worse even an innocent bypasser - then the victim also becomes liable for the damage caused.

many videos on the topic, but here's an example:

"The Alpha Fu Farb Gel Criminal Identifier Spray is compact and 100% UK legal."

"LEGAL TO USE IN THE UK:
Completely legal for possession and use in the UK."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Man caught with pepper spray in holster claims he didn’t realise what was in the can

"“On stopping, police approached him and a search revealed a yellow and black canister marked ‘pepper spray’ held in a holster on the accused’s right hip.

“The canister was later forensically analysed and found to be a metal aerosol canister in a black plastic shroud and found to be in working order.

“The can contained the irritant agent nonivamide…a noxious substance.”"

"“I did not realise it was actually pepper spray as when I purchased this from Amazon it was named a Feffer Farb criminal identifier spray."

"“I am very thankful of the light sentence the sheriff gave me and I will fully comply with the hours given in a timely manner.”"

"Nonivamide is used as a food additive to add pungency to seasonings, flavorings, and spice blends."

Last edited:

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
What we need is quick release chain, not quick link but a proper instant release, love to see the face on the moped cnts when you start swinging a bike chain at them after being threatened with an angle grinder...self-defence innit...

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Mental, I wonder how many times he's had that chain in the nuts...?

When I was a kid was a fan of 'The Master' TV show with Lee Van Cleef. We made shuriken stars that were dangerous as ****, 4 really heavy duty sturdy razor blades and black tape was all it took to make one with 8 very sharp points that would stick in to wood from distance.

We made nunchucks too from old thick broom handles and some sturdy link metal from garage, never ended well though so progressed to setting fire to tennis balls liberated from local tennis club soaked in petrol, they burned for minutes and we tried to hit them with stars.

Also made for some interesting keepie-up in the dark.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

;)

:eek:

Reactions: Cyclist

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've seen four years out of date cannisters blast out red gunge on Youtube, this should be ok till 2031?