Carrera Vengeance Conversion

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I disagree. I bought new bike, filed frame and don't regret it at all.

Nothing wrong with used bikes, but I like new.
It's a silly idea, when you can get the same for half the price. A new bike doesn't give any advantage.

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
It's a silly idea, when you can get the same for half the price. A new bike doesn't give any advantage.
Same for half the price isn't always better. I My thinking was why go thru the process of buying a used bike and having to buy multiple parts that will surely need replacing. Also, I hardly ever buy anything used, not even a hammer lol. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Az.

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
Illegal would be all motors sold by other sellers. Woosh is the only company I know of, which is selling legal TSDZ8s. Same motors, different stickers.

For example

I bought this 17.5Ah battery

It is smaller (better) than one sold by Greenlance, but shipped from Germany.
Do you reckon I buy a battery from Woosh? they got a 15Ah battery + motor on there for £705. So I just get a full set from em rather. What do you think?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Same for half the price isn't always better. I My thinking was why go thru the process of buying a used bike and having to buy multiple parts that will surely need replacing. Also, I hardly ever buy anything used, not even a hammer lol. Just my opinion.
I've never had to replace any parts on the many used bikes that I've bought and converted, except one that I pulled out of a skip and gave the guy £5 for it. It had a rusty chain and no brake pads. Bikes last for many years of negligence before you have to buy any parts.

It's actually the other way round. If you convert a new bike with a crank motor, you have to chuck the warranty, chain, chainguard, bottom bracket, cranks and chain wheel, rear gear cable, front derailleur, shifter and cable, and you'll probably be upgrading the brakes to hydraulics too. That doesn't leave much. If you fit a hub-motor, it's just the warranty, rear wheel and brakes, but that's still a substantial part of the bike.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Do you reckon I buy a battery from Woosh? they got a 15Ah battery + motor on there for £705. So I just get a full set from em rather. What do you think?

I was considering buying battery from Woosh, but in the end decided to buy cheaper battery elsewhere.
Woosh battery is a very good one. It is small and has good cells. Capacity is a bit on a small side, but for your needs it should be more than enough. If you can afford it, then why not? If you buy this kit, then you will have one of best kits on the market.

Technically as a member of this forum you are entitled for a discount for friends and family, so total price should be around £650 if you lucky

Read first post

Before you buy, please make sure Andy installed latest firmware update.

PS TSDZ8 sold by Woosh is the most powerful legal mid drive available on the market that I know of.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwbkr

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I think a good starting point would be to get some oil on that chain of your Subway:D

Last edited:
  • :D

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
I was considering buying battery from Woosh, but in the end decided to buy cheaper battery elsewhere.
Woosh battery is a very good one. It is small and has good cells. Capacity is a bit on a small side, but for your needs it should be more than enough. If you can afford it, then why not? If you buy this kit, then you will have one of best kits on the market.

Technically as a member of this forum you are entitled for a discount for friends and family, so total price should be around £650 if you lucky

Read first post

Before you buy, please make sure Andy installed latest firmware update.

PS TSDZ8 sold by Woosh is the most powerful legal mid drive available on the market that I know of.
Hi Az, thanks I got that seatpost changed, can't believe I never heard of a suspension seatpost before. I'm out here bouncing along with this seatpost now hahahahahaha

So Andy gave me a few tips and explained the motors better so I'd be getting delivery later this week.

I'd keep you all updated with the progress. Exciting not gonna lie ah!

Happy weekend guys

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi Az, thanks I got that seatpost changed, can't believe I never heard of a suspension seatpost before. I'm out here bouncing along with this seatpost now hahahahahaha
You act fast.

You can get suspension stem as well, but they are rather quite expensive.

I'd keep you all updated with the progress. Exciting not gonna lie ah!
You are going to like it a lot.

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
You act fast.

You can get suspension stem as well, but they are rather quite expensive.

You are going to like it a lot.
haha yes I do, tell you what, it's totally worth it tho.

I went with the TSDZ8 motor and dp battery from Woosh. Should arrive on Wednesday. Andy from Woosh is a gem, took his time and also sent me video links. Thank you for recommending.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
What suspension seatpost did you get?

I have one of these.... flippin' great but not cheap and not light.

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
Hi guys,
The motor and battery delivered today. Just started on the installation. But I'm stuck at the wrench trying to get my crank off. I feel so silly but it's my first time.

I'm searching on how to get it off but no luck.

Attachments

nwbkr

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2024
So, I am properly stuck now. How do I take this bottom bracket off, the non drive side I took off by rotating clockwise but I have tried every way getting the drive side off. Does anyone know if I have to turn counter clockwise or clockwise. It's a carrera subway 2 hybrid if that helps. I've looked online for the type of bracket to see if it's counter or clockwise.

Attachments