Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Yes, let us all be thankful for Brexit, great to see it clearing out all the riff-raff

and don`t let the door hit you....etc... etc...

:D[
That's about £2000 per income tax payer in the UK, but of course they won't be paying the bill.

London with 13% of the UK population pays 33% of the total tax take, so will probably pay £17 billions of the bill and on past record is resilient enough to be able to do that.

Whether the rest of the country can find the other £33 billions is much less clear.
Wonder whether 'man from Huddersfield' appreciated that it was going to cost him £2000 to leave.....perhaps we should have a special 'Brexit tax' adding £2k to everyones tax bill in 2019....it would focus the mind as to the sum involved, all 17 million Brexit voters will be pleased to pay it.
KudosDave

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Anyone here know of any pan-European organisations/treaties that the UK is currently a member of and will remain so post Brexit?

I can think of three:
-The European Patent Convention (ignoring the Unitary Patent Convention mess which TM recently committed the UK to sign up to despite it being subject to decisions of the CJEU which TM as has said the UK will not accept).
-The European Space Agency.
-Eurovision.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I didn't use any offensive language, you did. ( telling people they do not understand is infantile but they dont have an infantile emoji)
And, no I wouldn't pay for such sh!te EU give us. I,d make them take me to court and I,d win...goods unfit for purpose.
OG
Yep, we can either put each other on ignore or I,ll continue hitting dislike for your ( choose an appropriate adjective) wrong, condescending, insulting,rambling,infantile, posts..
Your last one was especially boring. It was your worst among a plethora of bad offerings.
And in your case your clan emblem is missing an "END" at the end...

And again you are wrong OG. I do not think remainers have a down on me at all, its just a fact a few have a down on our country and cant post without condescending attitudes.
You and others like you are responsible for what is happening aren't you?
This debacle is your responsibility, not that of any remainer.

What you did had damaged belittled and diminished our country and you dare to blame the remainers for the mess YOU have made?
It is not condescending to tell someone that they have committed an act of Vandalism, which is exactly what you did, voting wthout having the slightest idea of the consequences and caring even less, as you prove with every post.
When are you going to post some FACTS in support of that decision?, instead of your usual nonsense, and do give over with the crude jokes like the one you ended your post with.

I bore you because you lack the ability to understand the seriousness of the situation, and cannot abide the fact that you are responsible for it as are all the others who voted for leave.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Anyone here know of any pan-European organisations/treaties that the UK is currently a member of and will remain so post Brexit?

I can think of three:
-The European Patent Convention (ignoring the Unitary Patent Convention mess which TM recently committed the UK to sign up to despite it being subject to decisions of the CJEU which TM as has said the UK will not accept).
-Eurovision.
Euratom perhaps as according to the BBC
"One prominent Leave campaigner has even said the UK should stay in Euratom after Brexit."

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I can think of three:
-Eurovision.
The Galileo satellite navigation network, operating now but around a year before it reaches highest resolution. We've been contributing to it's installation but will have ongoing payments to use it at its best in each subsequent year.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see the Zombie in charge of the USA has done it again
"
FAKE NEWS
Donald Trump just retweeted far right propaganda by Britain First’s deputy leader Jayda Fransen – prompting fury from supporters including Piers Morgan

The US President retweeted three posts featuring anti-Islam propaganda videos showing alleged attacks by Muslims
Time they impeached the imbecile.

But isn't it SO CONVENIENT for a headline to distract attention from Mays surrender?
The Sun must be so pleased!

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Further down the Sun Front page
"
'BETRAYING BRITAIN'
MPs blast ministers for ‘betraying Brits’ by agreeing to £50bn Brexit bill as Boris hails breakthrough moment

Last night the EU claimed victory after the UK 'agreed to hand over' a £50bn Brexit divorce deal which means we'll be paying Brussels for decades

Boris of course is now all in favour of the very thing he said the EU could "Go whistle" for
"
But Boris Johnson said today he hoped that signing off the divorce bill would be a breakthrough moment for talks.

He told reporters on the sidelines of an EU-African summit: "We're hoping very much that the offer the prime minister is able to make at that council will be one that guarantees sufficient progress.

"Now's the time to get the ship off the rocks."

You have to wonder what on Earth is the Brexit Voter going to make of all this?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And in the Daily Mail
"
'Get this ship off the rocks!' Boris demands EU starts trade talks after PM 'agrees £50billion divorce deal' - as Brexiteers say MPs MUST get vote on DECADES more payments to Brussels

Come on TM get rid of this utter pillock he has done far too much harm already to this country.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nationalisation of the Railway will be a disaster said one voice, so how about this? from the Guardian
"
East Coast rail 'bailout' could cost taxpayers hundreds of millions
Unions and Labour criticise government as Virgin Trains East Coast’s contract is terminated three years early
he East Coast rail franchise will be terminated three years early, avoiding the embarrassment of another private firm handing back the keys to the government but potentially forfeiting hundreds of millions in premiums due to the Treasury.

Under a rail strategy announced by the transport secretary, Chris Grayling, a new partnership model will replace the franchise contract of Virgin Trains East Coast (Vtec).

The train operator, a joint venture led by Stagecoach with Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, had pledged to pay £3.3bn to run the service until 2023 when it was reprivatised in 2015 after six years in public hands.

Instead, Vtec is likely to pay a fraction of that sum, with the bulk of payments due in the final years of the franchise.
The firm signalled that it also expects its payments for the next three years to be cut. In the first full year of operation, it paid £204m. Shares in Stagecoach jumped 12% on the news.

Andy MacDonald, the shadow transport secretary, told the Commons that the strategy announcement was “a total smokescreen”. He said: “The real issue is that the East Coast franchise has failed again and the taxpayer will bail it out.”
Pointing to the share price rise, he said: “Markets don’t lie. The secretary of state has let Stagecoach off the hook for hundreds of millions of pounds. He’s tough on everyone except the private sector.”

The sooner the Railway is Nationalised the Better.

Private Companies being incompetent to run it in the distant past were the real reason it was Nationalised in the First place.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is not condescending to tell someone that they have committed an act of Vandalism, which is exactly what you did, voting wthout having the slightest idea of the consequences and caring even less
the vote was a straightforward choice. The majority chose to get out.
We just have to wait a little bit for the poll to show if the divorce bill causes any shift.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers