Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
China is guilty of genocide and is operating forced Labour camps today. Why are people on here and BLAME clowns whinging about slavery which happened hundreds of years ago and ignoring and even defending China being involved in it today? Is it stupidity or is it a hatred of the U.K.? Maybe it’s both?
Except its not ancient history. The Most recent genocides are . China .... the Mao times,the Japanese before that the Nazis, the Pot Pot Cambodia, the attempts in Bosnia etc, the Rwanda , and if you think the English are immune , look at India, Australia and the hunting for sport of aboriginals .
The Chinese people have made a different contract with their government. .. Loss of personal freedom for enhanced collective freedom from poverty. They saw the abject poverty that the Mao , Cultural Revolution and decided that they prefer food.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We, ll have to agree to disagree on that flecc.
Think it's obvious many simply don't have the choice. Given free choice Hong Kong would be remaining democratic. Uighars, Mongolian, Muslims and gay folk don't have a choice. You can't wake up one morning and think "today, I, m not Mongolian".
Yes they do have the choice where it's relevant. Being Uyghars or Mongolians isn't relevant, China does not discriminate against them for being those. It's their practices they discriminate against and those are a matter for choice.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Can't get as low as yours. I don't do hypocrisy.
China is guilty of genocide and is operating forced Labour camps today. Why are people on here and BLAME clowns whinging about slavery which happened hundreds of years ago and ignoring and even defending China being involved in it today? Is it stupidity or is it a hatred of the U.K.? Maybe it’s both?
Your right wing attitude is hanging out again
tuck it back into your trousers and wait for the Evidence and stop making a Zlatan of yourself with this sort of rubbish
"Is it stupidity or is it a hatred of the U.K.? Maybe it’s both?"

• :D
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's their practices they discriminate against and those are a matter for choice.
the Chinese want Uyghurs to learn to read and write Chinese script.
Uyghurs traditional schools are madrassas, Chinese government wants Uyghurs to have a secular education, in Chinese language.
It's assimilation but they are an ethnic minority living in China.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Your right wing attitude is hanging out again
tuck it back into your trousers and wait for the Evidence and stop making a Zlatan of yourself with this sort of rubbish
"Is it stupidity or is it a hatred of the U.K.? Maybe it’s both?"
Hypocrite.
As for hating UK, that's rich from you. You, ve not made a positive comment about UK or anything in it for 4 years.
Self righteous idiot.
Stupid from the man who moans about vaccine, says its a dangerous dosage regime, puts links up saying its dangerous... Then stands in a queu to have it, moans about process then moans he isn't getting second quick enough.. Then has audacity to claim "he has right to 2nd dose before other folk have had first".
I should shut up if I were you.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hypocrite.
As for hating UK, that's rich from you. You, ve not made a positive comment about UK or anything in it for 4 years.
Self righteous idiot.
Self righteous idiot. indeed you are just stop making a fool of yourself we don't need you to prove it repeatedly

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Self righteous idiot. indeed you are just stop making a fool of yourself we don't need you to prove it repeatedly
Rather be a fool than a self righteous hypocrite.
There is only you could justify having vaccine after all you, ve said about it. Sums you up. Moan moan moan but then
"I have a right for my 2nd".
And in a regime that would mean many would not even have had their first.
You ought to be grateful you, d had one. But not you. Not good enough for such a self righteous, self important hypocrite.
Not a good word for any one involved in getting that shot in your arm. Not for nurses, NHS, jvci, Mhra, govt, AZ, Biontech or scientists. Just where is my second and moaning about your wait.
Pathetic.

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You really ought to read his post again he isn't the one that is confused
"Fecking English caused potato famine..". No not at all, a fungus did that. What the British Ruling class was prevent aid. Ireland was producing plenty of wheat, oats, beef, butter during those years but that same class insisted it be exported to the UK, so the profits would build them fancy houses in London..and they then BLOCKED attempts at Westminster to send aid.
The post reads confused to me, or rather slightly misworded. (except, the 'No not at all,' which is more than slightly misworded). The rest of what he says is correct.

The fungus caused the blight and failure of the potato crop. The fungus did not cause the famine; it was the British Ruling class (who were English) that turned the blight/failure into a famine.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The post reads confused to me, or rather slightly misworded. (except, the 'No not at all,' which is more than slightly misworded). The rest of what he says is correct.

The fungus caused the blight and failure of the potato crop. The fungus did not cause the famine; it was the British Ruling class (who were English) that turned the blight/failure into a famine.
OG didn't even read it. Just saw an opportunity to say I was confused.
Danidl's post was contradictory but the jest of it correct. Fungus caused lack of food, our handling of it caused famine, which is what I, d said originally...???
"English caused potato famine"
So all at crossed purposes.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
perhaps a lesson on what Hypocrisy is in order
"Rather be a fool than a self righteous hypocrite.
There is only you could justify having vaccine after all you, ve said about it. Sums you up. Moan moan moan but then
"I have a right for my 2nd".
And in a regime that would mean many would not even have had their first.
You ought to be grateful you, d had one. But not you. Not good enough for such a self righteous, self important hypocrite.
Not a good word for any one involved in getting that shot in your arm. Not for nurses, NHS, jvci, Mhra, govt, AZ, Biontech or scientists. Just where is my second and moaning about your wait.
Pathetic.
Definition of a Hypocrite
One who call for regulation of the behaviour of people on Social media by someone in authority.
But feels free personally to launch scurrilous attacks like this one purely out of angst then posts the rather juvenile "Hypocrite"
more than once
Not just once but repeatedly as Zlatan has done this evening

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
OG didn't even read it. Just saw an opportunity to say I was confused.
Danidl's post was contradictory but the jest of it correct. Fungus caused lack of food, our handling of it caused famine, which is what I, d said originally...???
"English caused potato famine"
So all at crossed purposes.
I dispute that there was any contradiction anywhere in my response. read it. Remember I was answering YOUR question, hence the first section was in inverted commas . And I then said NO....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the Chinese want Uyghurs to learn to read and write Chinese script.
Uyghurs traditional schools are madrassas, Chinese government wants Uyghurs to have a secular education, in Chinese language.
It's assimilation but they are an ethnic minority living in China.
I already know that, but that doesn't stop them being sensible and accept the reality of their position.

They only need to voluntarily accept the secular education with an additional very useful language learnt to have the free and better life that so many modern Chinese enjoy.

I often despair at the stupidity of humans allowing the religions of hypothetical gods and clearly unstable prophets to compromise their lives

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I already know that, but that doesn't stop them being sensible and accept the reality of their position.
there will always be some who would rather die than be assimilated.
Eamonn de Valera would rather choose partition than losing the Irish language.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
perhaps a lesson on what Hypocrisy is in order

Definition of a Hypocrite
One who call for regulation of the behaviour of people on Social media by someone in authority.
But feels free personally to launch scurrilous attacks like this one purely out of angst then posts the rather juvenile "Hypocrite"
more than once
Not just once but repeatedly as Zlatan has done this evening
Hypocrite and you know damned well why.
Perhaps a token thanks to somebody involved somewhere in getting that shot in your arm might help but that's not your way is it. Just criticise the entire system from start to finish in your deluded entitled world, but add insult to injury by not only criticising every single element involved but then demand a second shot before others have had first. You are the epitome of self centred hypocrisy.
Your true colours on show for everyone. Yes, I might make spelling mistakes but I do have grace to thank those working hard on my behalf and I do not demand special treatment as you do.
Just grow up you silly old man.
As for scurrilous, every single post you make is derogatory about somebody or something. In over 4 years you have yet to make a supportive comment about anything or anybody and when somebody does you have a go at them.
And, your scurrilous comments are your own outburst admissions.
"I deserve my second shot"
Any insult I do you can't compete with that self inflicted comment..

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Wicky and POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hypocrite and you know damned well why.
Perhaps a token thanks to somebody involved somewhere in getting that shot in your arm might help but that's not your way is it. Just criticise the entire system from start to finish in your deluded entitled world, but add insult to injury by not only criticising every single element involved but then demand a second shot before others have had first. You are the epitome of self centred hypocrisy.
Your true colours on show for everyone. Yes, I might make spelling mistakes but I do have grace to thank those working hard on my behalf and I do not demand special treatment as you do.
Just grow up you silly old man.
As for scurrilous, every single post you make is derogatory about somebody or something. In over 4 years you have yet to make a supportive comment about anything or anybody and when somebody does you have a go at them.
And, your scurrilous comments are your own outburst admissions.
"I deserve my second shot"
Any insult I do you can't compete with that self inflicted comment..

This government is the worst enemy of the four nations of the UK through their stupidity they have killed more of us than the second world war did, and you praise their incompetence and react like a child when I am critical
Still suffering angst? Because I said I deserve it? of course I do and so does everyone else, get that through your bigotry and obvious antipathy to me.
You really need to moderate your behaviour
And try living up to your claims that everyone should post politely
You simply don't, do you?
For your information there are law suits in progress against the government because they are not doing the correct thing and giving the second dose at 21 days
Only a complete idiot doesn't realise that this is a gamble even the Americans are not prepared to take
Neither should we
Now try to get your tantrum under control and behave yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: POLLY

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
it’s good to read that Branson’s Virginity Orbiter Company has successful launched a satellite. Small, low cost satellites seems to be a growing market and there are a few companies in this business. Great to know the U.K. is amongst them.

Virgin Orbiter currently operates from California because climate conditions are better for these early stage tests, but the intention is to operate from the U.K. Several others in the Satelite launch business are intending to locate in the U.K. too.

Reactions: POLLY

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
it’s good to read that Branson’s Virginity Orbiter Company has successful launched a satellite. Small, low cost satellites seems to be a growing market and there are a few companies in this business. Great to know the U.K. is amongst them.

Virgin Orbiter currently operates from California because climate conditions are better for these early stage tests, but the intention is to operate from the U.K. Several others in the Satellite launch business are intending to locate in the U.K. too.
I remember reading a SF book many years ago (can't remember the title or much of the details) but what I do remember was that earth could no longer put satellites into space because of all the space junk up there. I think Elon Musk has plans to put hundreds (perhaps thousands) of mini satellites up there, several other companies are planning the same thing.

There is a base somewhere in the USA that tracks all the various stuff in orbit around us and warns satellite operators when there is likely to be a collision. The thing is they can only track items over a certain size, so the more stuff that's put up there the more chance of collisions and if there is a collision, hundreds or thousands of new dangerous items are created. The amount of items they keep a check on is increasing as a phenomenal rate.

Many people don't realise that a fleck of paint traveling at orbital speed can do as much or more damage as a bullet from a gun. I don't know how many years it will take, but if we carry on at our current rate of putting things into space then the chances of what I read in that SF book all those years ago coming to pass are extremely likely.

Advertisers