Brexit, for once some facts.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Maybe people have realised that the 32” Bluapunkt flat screen telly on sale in their local Tesco isn’t such a bargain.
With the steady increase in staple foods prices, and a drop in real term wages, perhaps people are beginning to realise that you can't eat a flat screen television. I've managed to bob along comfortably, but this year and next, more so, I wilI have to tighten my belt considerably.

Reactions: robdon

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Maybe people have realised that the 32” Bluapunkt flat screen telly on sale in their local Tesco isn’t such a bargain.
I wish they could. My hunch is that the "marginalised who did not benefit from globalisation and voted for brexit" (or wuckfits who torpedoed the UK by not thinking to the rest of us) are not going to draw any rational conclusions. I would not be surprised at all to see farage back in front line politics in six months (chased by a frothing Boris) with an even more destructive narcissistic load of self serving populist manure they will gobble up with the same discretion they did the previous load

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well, if being a real 'Wayne Kerr' in political office is sufficient cause for sacking....sorry, resignation!......why is Boris Johnson still Foreign Secretary?

It seems that the lady locked up in Iran may be released before much longer but not because of Johnson's intervention with Iranian politicians. It seems she will be eligible for parole after serving one third of her sentence.

171125-Nazanin-Zaghari-Ratcliffe.jpg

This is an extract from the blog of Mike Sivier, journalist of sorts and social commentator:

It seems Mrs Zaghari Ratcliffe, will be deemed eligible for early release by the Iranian judiciary, as she has served one-third of her prison sentence.

She was detained by the authorities in Iran last year, on charges of trying to incite a “soft” revolt against the Iranian regime by training journalists, when she was trying to return home after a holiday there.

The announcement is a clear snub to UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, who recently visited Iran to try to get politicians there to release Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

The judiciary in Iran, like that in the UK, is separate from politicians there – there is a separation of powers which means that politicians will have had nothing to do with the decision.
Tom

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But it’s all the fault of the police for bringing the lies to the attention of the public. Green is just a victim.
That's correct. We know from the officer that the images were not illegal. We know from Green giving away the computer that it was his own and he could properly have his personal material on it. We know that there is no proof or even the faintest indication that he ever accessed his personal information while in parliament, not that it would be a crime anyway.

So Green was not an offender at the time of the discovery, but the police officer and his very senior ex officer are offenders since they illegally disclosed and continue to publicise private and personal information.

I'm pleased that this breach of privacy has been referred to the Information Commisioner and hope the officers are prosecuted and punished in due course.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
When Forage had to hide in a pub, and literally got hounded out of Edinburgh, he accused the Scots of being racist. It probably didn't occur to him that "we" saw him for what he is.
Got to hand it to the jocks! They know a tosser when they see one.

I'm not sure why but I'm reminded of a piece of Glasgow humour that occurred while Bono was playing a gig there. He got the whole crowd to be silent and then began slowly clapping his hands. He got the crowd to clap along for a while, the stadium quiet except for the rhythmic clapping…

After a short period Bono spoke, saying that everytime he clapped his hands a child in Africa died …

Suddenly, from the front row of the venue a voice broke out in thick Scottish brogue, ending the silence as it echoed across the crowd, the voice cried out to Bono “Well stop ****ing doing it then!!”

Tom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I cant remember a time when such an unelectable shadow government has been in the commons. At any other time in our history I don't think the government of the day would have been tolerated to the extent this one has, surely that has something to do with how inappropriate Labour appear at the moment. The way both sides are behaving is nothing short of a scandal.( both sides being Labour and Tory...not leave and remain)
Had we had a viable alternative surely it would be in power by now.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Well, if being a real 'Wayne Kerr' in political office is sufficient cause for sacking....sorry, resignation!......why is Boris Johnson still Foreign Secretary?

It seems that the lady locked up in Iran may be released before much longer but not because of Johnson's intervention with Iranian politicians. It seems she will be eligible for parole after serving one third of her sentence.

View attachment 22560

This is an extract from the blog of Mike Sivier, journalist of sorts and social commentator:

Tom
Nothing to do with the 450 million that we have held for umpteen years,in payment for tanks that we did not deliver...I suspect that Boris was persuaded to pay compound interest on the money!!!!
Does getting older make you wiser or more cynical???
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm sure, like me, many of you have been wondering exactly what Liar Fox has been doing in his role, apparently as part of the 'Brexit' hit squad.

This is his achievement.....I believe his only one to date.....which serves to demonstrate that he has been busy...ish.

25488233_1653828944638235_477667183187377565_o.png

How much are we paying this clown?

Tom

• Agree

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Nothing to do with the 450 million that we have held for umpteen years,in payment for tanks that we did not deliver...I suspect that Boris was persuaded to pay compound interest on the money!!!!
Does getting older make you wiser or more cynical???
KudosDave
It makes thing more transparent.

• Agree

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Why are Toys R Us in problems....just bought some presents for the grandkids from Amazon,very cheap but not any vatable invoices in the lot,its easy to be competitive when you arent charging vat.
HMRC and Amazon are clearly in a very soft bed together!!!!
KudosDave
I don't know where you live, but with the amount of lunatic, "me me me" drivers who live in their own bubble of selfishness, that I'm surrounded with, the traffic jams / delays, the state of the roads, moan moan moan etc. On line shopping, if you don't leave it to the last minute, becomes a stress free breath of fresh air.;)

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Odd that before the Brexit decision they didn't think that, it must be just a coincidence, is being less well off one the the "Goodness will flow" things you promised?
More to the point, do you image either of the following
  1. They will agree it's better to be poorer
  2. Less sales are good for business?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No surprise there! Once an inveterate liar and bulls hitter, always a liar and bulls hitter.

I have a real difficulty with the constituents who elected this pile of poo and do nothing about it when he repeatedly lies and incompetently fumbles his way through the most important piece of negotiation ever undertaken by a UK government in peacetime.

He should be deselected from his seat and an honest candidate found to represent those people at a subsequent by-election. In any other occupation, he would have been summarily dismissed for sheer incompetence long ago.

That the tory voters of Haltemprice and Howden seem to find this creature's conduct appropriate or acceptable speaks volumes about grassroot tories everywhere. His performances, both in Brussels and in the H of C, shame this country.

His constituents would do well to remember the words of Edmund Burke:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Tom
Let me help you with that
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that you vote Conservative."

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Advertisers