BEBA "come and try" Day in Regent's Park London

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
David, (Wisper) you've certainly no cause to be concerned. The wrangling issue is a particular pain when a perfectly decent thread such as this is commandeered and used as a sparring ground between dealers.

Such sparring and wrangling does nothing for the cause and is really quite embarrassing to witness.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
More good news for BEBA members.

Just a quick note to anyone who is still on the fence re the Value of BEBA. Apart of course from the lobbying and important work we are doing with the Police and the DfT at the moment, the dangerous goods consultancy and the £150 discount on this event.

We have managed to negotiate a £10.00 per square meter discount for BEBA members taking space at the forthcoming Cycle Show 2012 at the NEC, for existing members please mention your BEBA membership when ordering space. If you have already ordered space and even if you are not yet a BEBA member we can arrange a retrospective discount for you if you join.

During negotiations with Upper Street Events we managed to persuade them to introduce a dedicated electric bike sign on area for the test circuit and a ramp to test hill climbing qualities.

We need as many professional electric bike retailers, importers and manufacturers as possible to join us to make our voice even louder and help actively promote electric bikes in the UK.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The London Electric Bike Festival Regent's Park

(Copied from hub or crank thread)

What a splendid weekend!

As I had hoped, the event was absolutely packed, there were many times when all my bikes we out on trial. I don't know how many test rides were taken but over the weekend we estimate the best part of a thousand, it seems London is ready for electric bikes but the majority of people at the Electric Bike Fest (who had not come specifically to try a bike) had either never heard of them or if they had, did not know what they did. It was expensive for those that exhibited and I know the cost put a lot of people off but like most things in life you get what you pay for! Everyone involved agreed it was the best electric bike event so far (I hear Bristol was up there too!)

Thanks must go to the organisers for the massive advertising campaign that bought so many people in from London and the Home Counties especially to try an e-bike! It was also good to see the teams from 50 Cycles, Green Zebra, Batribike, EBCO, Storck Radar (With the amazing £4000.00 Cosworth!) and Hero Eco working together for the good of the industry. Finally thanks to Jammie from The Electric Transport Shop who gave up his Sunday to help and support the manufactures and distributors bringing fresh batteries for those who needed them and helping explain the advantages of each specific brand.

Although ultimately we are all in competition the camaraderie was superb with everyone recommending the best bike for the needs of the customer rather than just their own! Where else outside this superb industry would you see that happening? The mood was not selfish in any respect everyone was intent on getting as many "bums on saddles" as possible to promote the concept of electric biking rather than a specific brand.

The only down side was that the Guys from FreeGo were forced to pull out due to staffing problems.

I will post images later today.

All the best

David :)