For Sale Bargains

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I got that one for £120 plus postage. I have a couple of good donor hardtails that I'll swap all the bits over from, including an AKm 128 freewheel motor, which is a torque monster.
You lucky, lucky, b*******. I love a polished aluminium frame, me.

A steal at 120. Fortune favours the brave as they say, meanwhile I've been sat here clutching my pearls worrying about spending a laughable 150. Oh well

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Damn it, that's sold now. I thought the auction ended tomorrow afternoon. I have been prevaricating and was thinking of putting in a last second bid.

Oh well, I doubt I'll get a better opportunity, I'd better resign myself to be happy with what I have, which is a suspension seatpost rather than a proper rear suspension. #firstworldproblems
I bought it. He was accepting offers. I waited to see if any of you lot wanted it first.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I bought it. He was accepting offers.

Well, winters coming and I have no garage so I only work on bikes in the summer months outside in the back garden. So you did me a favour really :D

On the plus side, the new tumble dryer is installed and all my clothes are now warm and dry!

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
That looks like an amazing saving and the bike looks great too. I wonder how the price and performance of the bike compares with buying a second hand full suspension bike and adding a Bafang / Tongsheng kit. I guess there is probably some difficulty level of route and obstacles where a dedicated e-Mountain bike is superior ? I'm not sure how much the typical servicing / repairs cost for a Bosch bike are ? "Approx. Weight (KG): 27.4" That seems quite heavy - I would have thought a dedicated e-Mountain bike would be lighter than a donor bike + kit and battery ?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
That looks like an amazing saving and the bike looks great too. I wonder how the price and performance of the bike compares with buying a second hand full suspension bike and adding a Bafang / Tongsheng kit. I guess there is probably some difficulty level of route and obstacles where a dedicated e-Mountain bike is superior ? I'm not sure how much the typical servicing / repairs cost for a Bosch bike are ? "Approx. Weight (KG): 27.4" That seems quite heavy - I would have thought a dedicated e-Mountain bike would be lighter than a donor bike + kit and battery ?
Yes, this bike is built like a tank. Cosmic specs comparing to our clankers. How does it ride? I simply don't know. It is beyond my paygrade.

Edit: Another place to buy:

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I'm not sure how much the typical servicing / repairs cost for a Bosch bike are ?
There was a thread running about a year ago about that, where somebody posted a video made by a service dealer.. The one in the video was for a bike like that Bergamont, and the bill was about £600. He mentioned that £1000 was typical for an annual service on a bike like that, which had been used for off-road riding.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
So, I've had a hard month:

Boiler repair (new PCB and transformer) and service: £288.00
Car service and MOT: £217.92
Annual parking permit for my local country park: £47.50
New tumble dryer: £279.00

All I can say is, thank flip I don't have a ridiculous bike that needs a £1k annual service.

So I was out today on my bike in the glorious sunshine and I've found a new way to enjoy the bike is to not keep looking at the speed on my LCD and just enjoy the ride.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth

All I can say is, thank flip I don't have a ridiculous bike that needs a £1k annual service.

So I was out today on my bike in the glorious sunshine and I've found a new way to enjoy the bike is to not keep looking at the speed on my LCD and just enjoy the ride.
I don't have tumbler dryer. I don't service my boiler. I don't pay for parking. I save money for my next bike :)

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
There was a thread running about a year ago about that, where somebody posted a video made by a service dealer.. The one in the video was for a bike like that Bergamont, and the bill was about £600. He mentioned that £1000 was typical for an annual service on a bike like that, which had been used for off-road riding.
So run it two years, do the minimum, buy a new one...

• :D
Reactions: Waspy

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

There's a lot of people near me that have got top of the range Bosch full suspension e-bikes, but a lot fewer that ever go out on them !

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I don't have tumbler dryer. I don't service my boiler. I don't pay for parking. I save money for my next bike :)
My wife and granddaughter (who lives with us) get through about 3 tons of laundry per week. I do the laundry, I just could not cope with it without a tumble dryer. I only get the boiler serviced every few years. The parking fee gets me access to a wonderful country park where I walk the dog every day, pound a week, bargain really.

Reactions: Ghost1951 and Az.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
There's a lot of people near me that have got top of the range Bosch full suspension e-bikes, but a lot fewer that ever go out on them !
They are wonderful pieces of machinery but the chainwheels are smaller than the first gear, which means they are designed for going up mountains (slowly) and then hurtling down them without pedalling and praying you don't end up smashed against a tree and spending three months in hospital.

It's a no from me, I'll take a canal towpath any day.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
They are wonderful pieces of machinery but the chainwheels are smaller than the first gear, which means they are designed for going up mountains (slowly) and then hurtling down them without pedalling and praying you don't end up smashed against a tree and spending three months in hospital.

It's a no from me, I'll take a canal towpath any day.
Yes, the people that I know (in their 50s/60s/70s ) that use theirs tend to use them on a mix of roads, light trails and bridleways and tend to have to eke their batteries out if they go for a days riding. I'm not sure what they make of my "clankers" but I'm not sure they have selected the right tool for the job

Reactions: Waspy

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Damn it, that's sold now. I thought the auction ended tomorrow afternoon. I have been prevaricating and was thinking of putting in a last second bid.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is this a triple dent near the BB? Cracking due to fatigue, sudden collapse of the tube sometime is my worry.

Last edited:

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for posting. 17 inch frame..meh