1000w ebike ???

D

Deleted member 4366

We can all invent all sorts of scenarios. Some people won't go out of the house when there's black clouds in the sky. Most people don't even think about it. Quite a few are struck by lightning. There's more people killed and seriously injured by lightning than illegal electric bikes.

There's more people killed on electric bikes than by them. That's where you should focus your concerns.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
We can all invent all sorts of scenarios. Some people won't go out of the house when there's black clouds in the sky. Most people don't even think about it. Quite a few are struck by lightning. There's more people killed and seriously injured by lightning than illegal electric bikes.

There's more people killed on electric bikes than by them. That's where you should focus your concerns.
I agree wholeheartedly. As I am a careful cyclist whom happens to make a living from ebikes, it really concerns me when I see these things.

Reactions: morphix

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Are we actually saying this is legitimate ??? Healthy for ebiking ???
View attachment 13776

I,m not commenting either way, just interested what everybody else thinks ???
You have two choices:

The United Kingdom EAPC rules -

• the bike must have pedals that can be used to propel it
  • the electric motor shouldn’t be able to propel the bike when it’s travelling more than 15.5mph
  • the motor shouldn’t have a maximum power output of more than 250 watts
It must also display one item from each of the following:

• the power output or manufacturer of the motor
  • the battery’s voltage or maximum speed of the bike
https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules -

Or the EU EPAC rules -

pedal cycles with pedal assistance which are equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of less than or equal to 250 W, where the output of the motor is cut off when the cyclist stops pedalling and is otherwise progressively reduced and finally cut off before the vehicle speed reaches 25 km/h

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32013R0168

Last edited:

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Or maybe you or someone you know and love gets picked off by this law abiding :)rolleyes:) citizen. I really do not know why anyone would even remotely defend this persons actions. We are taking footpaths here. You know, dog walkers, moms with kids, people staring at their phones with earbuds in (that's another thread) ect.
Who's defending his actions? Not I. But life generally has a lot of 'ifs, buts and maybes'. Plonkers are inevitable. Regular cyclists overtake me when I'm doing 15mph. I don't see them as being any different from your guy. In fact, they're probably a bit more fatigued.

Mar 9, 2016

We all know full well where the derestricted Cyclo will be used. Surprisingly,I,m not against Cyclo selling bikes like this, or folk buying them or even helpful posters advising how to derestrict them but this is a Pedelec forum , we all know full well what that means in the eyes of the law,and as such is the shop window for Pedelecs in the UK. I really think the poster should have been reminded of this and your helpful reply sent by private message.
Mountain bikers, walkers and probably rangers want our access limited if not stopped. Cyclists see us as cheats. Folk are wanting evidence to limit the privileges we currently enjoy. Would be ironic at best for a Forum established to help pedelecs to supply the evidence to do so.??
I,ve just legally pedalled 25 miles around Lady Bower,I doubt very much wether my grandson will be able to do same when he,s my age if we don't do more to protect our position and foster a more responsible approach. That starts here.

Two months ago I was trying as many ebikes as possible. Called at one shop, really friendly, nice bikes. Tried a hub mtb. Was ok. Asked chap about throttle. " oh you retro fit that,its illegal but ok. Look the wire is here,just plug throttle in and fix to handle bars"
Called at James Cycles. Tried a Haibike. Asked about a dongle to derestrict.
"Oh no , we cant do that. It will stop your warranty anyway.We can tell from battery info so don't do it . You don't need to , bike is great without"
One approach is responsible. The other not so.
One approach protects future use ,the other is chasing sales today.
I bought from James cycles.
Seems our Forum is more akin to other shop.
Its bordering on immoral to allow Cyclo to sponsor Forum. Its plain wrong.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it uses jet cats ;)

Reactions: LeighPing
Mar 9, 2016
Wont play SW, but I can guess.??
Lets see.
No helmet.
No tax.
No insurance.
No mot
Not registered.
Probably way underbraked, no frame mods, tyres under rated.
On public roads.

Apart from that its brilliant...wouldnt get up Winnats tho...or even go to shops,or pull a trailer .

But full marks for effort..

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
You could always go out on your bike, or find a pedelec forum...oh hang on a minute you did...well just don't read it. ???
I can't head out for a ride until Wednesday morning, when I plan to hoon about for the first time with a 2.7kWh pack.

You probably wouldn't want to know the details though [emoji1]

Last edited: