Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i need more weed and my fkn gtech hoover batt just died fkn heap of crap!

and the 0800 no on there site dont even work.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Chat GPT says this in relation to the question: Why are people prescribed beta blockers?

"Beta blockers are commonly prescribed medications that work by blocking the effects of adrenaline on the body's beta receptors. These medications are primarily used to treat various cardiovascular conditions and are particularly effective in managing high blood pressure (hypertension) and certain heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias). They're also prescribed for other conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, and even anxiety.

Here are some specific reasons why people might be prescribed beta blockers:

1. **Hypertension**: Beta blockers help lower blood pressure by reducing the workload on the heart and relaxing blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow.

2. **Heart Arrhythmias**: Beta blockers can help regulate heart rhythm by slowing down the heart rate and reducing the occurrence of irregular heartbeats.

3. **Angina**: Beta blockers can reduce the frequency and severity of angina attacks by decreasing the heart's workload and oxygen demand.

4. **Heart Failure**: In cases of heart failure, beta blockers can improve the heart's function and reduce symptoms like shortness of breath and fatigue.

5. **Migraine Prevention**: Some beta blockers are also used to prevent migraines by reducing the frequency and severity of attacks.

6. **Anxiety**: Certain beta blockers, particularly propranolol, are used off-label to manage performance anxiety, stage fright, and other situational anxiety disorders by blocking the physical symptoms of anxiety, such as rapid heartbeat and trembling.

Overall, beta blockers are versatile medications that are used to manage a range of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels, as well as certain anxiety disorders."
I have none of those. I just had my blood pressure checked. It's right in the middle of the normal range. I have quite a low heartbeat already, presumably because of all the extreme cycling I was doing a few years ago. Maybe they want to suppress my adrenaline to stop me getting excited and shouting at them every time they try to put me on medication without justification.

FYI, I'm not against medication. I'd gladly take anything if it were justified. The doctors seem to hate it when I ask them questions that usually start with "why" and they can never answer with "because".

D

Deleted member 16246

I have none of those. I just had my blood pressure checked. It's right in the middle of the normal range. I have quite a low heartbeat already, presumably because of all the extreme cycling I was doing a few years ago. Maybe they want to suppress my adrenaline to stop me getting excited and shouting at them every time they try to put me on medication without justification.

FYI, I'm not against medication. I'd gladly take anything if it were justified. The doctors seem to hate it when I ask them questions that usually start with "why" and they can never answer with "because".
I haven't been to the doctors since June 2, 2014. I am not a young man.

I have had about four covid vaccinations, maybe five, and an annual flu vaccine. I got them done at the chemists or one of the big mass vaccine centres during the pandemic.

I have not had a cold for years. I did catch covid around 2021. I did not have much of a problem with it, except I had a temperature and heavy shivers. I am pretty fit for an old git. I used to be a runner - half marathons in around 1 hour twenty and even less on occasions. I walk up a very steep hill at speed every day now. Three hundred feet climb in a kilometer. I swear by Vitamin D. Most people in the UK are Vitamin D deficient - especially in winter time. I take it every day between October and May - 20 micro grams.Never had a cold since I started doing that. Vitamin D is fundamental to a good immune system.

When I say I haven't been to the doctors in along time, I should probably say that my g/friend is a practicing GP. I've been with her in the Lake District the last five days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my batts dont catch fire and never got covid im being left out i am :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
some silly cow just tried to tell me how to use and charge a battery for a hoover :mad:

new batt arrives tomorrow :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240503_202617[1].jpg

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Sounds familiar - are you with British Gas? Do you pay by quarterly bill? I'd much prefer that.
Yup, thems the bu66ers.

Its clear to be theres method in their madness, but as long as I pay at approximately the correct time they cant complain.

Gold is not a good long term investment.
Yeah compared to property it isnt, especially in the UK, or at least i should say parts of the uk. But there are areas that fall from grace and originally cost hundreds of thousands now cost tens of.

I like collecting gold sovereigns, because i can sit and gaze lovingly over them Fagin fashion :D
They're easy to buy, dont cost a huge amount and pretty much hold their price. And in that format if i ever need to cash in a few, to pay a sudden unexpected bill in me old age, its easier to do than free up money from anywhere else.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240503_204502[1].jpg
20240503_204536[1].jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Sell Gold
Sell Gold Bars
All Gold Bars Prices
Up to prices based on qty.
Sell Gold Coins
All Gold Coin Prices
Up to prices based on qty.
Sell Scrap Gold

1kg of gold can buy my house and another 1kg can fix it :cool:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I like collecting gold sovereigns, because i can sit and gaze lovingly over them Fagin fashion :D
They're easy to buy, dont cost a huge amount and pretty much hold their price. And in that format if i ever need to cash in a few, to pay a sudden unexpected bill in me old age, its easier to do than free up money from anywhere else.
You can sell shares and have money credited in your current account on the same day if you so wish.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah as long as the stock market does not crash, and the fdic has ran out of money so no more bail outs and time for bail ins ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
we can fix this with more booster bombs and more powerful energy efficient renewable missiles :p

D

Deleted member 16246

Yup, thems the bu66ers.

Its clear to be theres method in their madness, but as long as I pay at approximately the correct time they cant complain.

Yeah compared to property it isnt, especially in the UK, or at least i should say parts of the uk. But there are areas that fall from grace and originally cost hundreds of thousands now cost tens of.

Don't you have to pay vAT on coins? And also capital gains tax? If so, that must take the shine of them rather. Perhaps I am mistaken.

However, whatever you invest in, I think the government comes around for a cut in whatever you made on it. Sometimes I ask myself, 'By what right do they do this? Are they not just acting like gangsters, demanding money with menaces?'

Reactions: Woosh
D

Deleted member 16246

On the question of taxes on investment and re-distributive taxes on wealth in general, I rather take the view of Thomas Jefferson expressed in a letter to Joseph Millican on taxation, written on 6th April 1816. Part of what he said was this:

"Whether property alone, and the whole of what each citizen possesses, shall be subject to contribution, or only its surplus after satisfying his first wants, or whether the faculties of body and mind shall contribute also from their annual earnings, is a question to be decided. But, when decided, and the principle settled, it is to be equally and fairly applied to all. To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it." If the overgrown wealth of an individual be deemed dangerous to the State, the best corrective is the law of equal inheritance to all in equal degree; and the better, as this enforces a law of nature, while extra-taxation violates it."

Source: https://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch15s64.html

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Don't you have to pay vAT on coins? If so, that must take the shine of them rather. Perhaps I am mistaken.

However, whatever you invest in, I think the government comes around for a cut in whatever you made on it. Sometimes I ask myself, 'By what right do they do this? Are they not just acting like gangsters, demanding money with menaces?'
with gold if you buy more than 10k a year from retail the tax man will be told but you could buy it privately atm but when selling you hit the same problem like i cant take 50k cash down to a shop and buy a car because off money laundering or a gold bar, big bag of crack might work tho ;)

if i sell more than 1k on ebay now i have to register as self employed and pay tax on the fkn stuff i paid tax on anyway they take the ****.

so with the old fiat system crashing and a new total digital control of cbdc we are all fooked any money in any bank is 100% the banks money to do what they like with it because it is a unsecured loan to the bank

it is safer under the bed ;)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I haven't been to the doctors since June 2, 2014. I am not a young man.

I have had about four covid vaccinations, maybe five, and an annual flu vaccine. I got them done at the chemists or one of the big mass vaccine centres during the pandemic.

I have not had a cold for years. I did catch covid around 2021. I did not have much of a problem with it, except I had a temperature and heavy shivers. I am pretty fit for an old git. I used to be a runner - half marathons in around 1 hour twenty and even less on occasions. I walk up a very steep hill at speed every day now. Three hundred feet climb in a kilometer. I swear by Vitamin D. Most people in the UK are Vitamin D deficient - especially in winter time. I take it every day between October and May - 20 micro grams.Never had a cold since I started doing that. Vitamin D is fundamental to a good immune system.

When I say I haven't been to the doctors in along time, I should probably say that my g/friend is a practicing GP. I've been with her in the Lake District the last five days.
Vitamin D is very important as it's necessary for the correct functioning of the your immune system. Old people can't make enough and younger people can't make enough in the winter because of the lack of sunlight. In the UK, it's therefore advisable to supplement it. I take 25 micrograms a day, when I remember, and haven't been to the doctor since I started about 2 1/2 years ago

Reactions: Tony1951
D

Deleted member 16246

Vitamin D is very important as it's necessary for the correct functioning of the your immune system. Old people can't make enough and younger people can't make enough in the winter because of the lack of sunlight. In the UK, it's therefore advisable to supplement it. I take 25 micrograms a day, when I remember, and haven't been to the doctor since I started about 2 1/2 years ago
Yes - all correct. There are very large numbers of people who are seriously deficient in it in this country which might possibly account for why we have very poor general health in comparison to many other countries. As well as having a pretty cr@p health service, we are more sick than people in many other countries. I'm obviously talking in population terms. Many of us are very well, maybe because of stuff like you just mentioned. Plenty of people don't make enough Vitamin D even in summer because of the way they live - virtually all the time indoors and some don't ever get enough because of their clothing habits and because of skin colour. Dark skin means you make less because the sun does not get into the skin.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015