Yosepower kits.

JeffM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2024
Hi, I have just fitted a 250W rear wheel kit from Yosepower, when I looked up the downloadable instructions for the display there are instructions on how to change throttle settings. When I followed them nothing happens, according to their support, the throttle will only work for 6 km/hr walk assist.
Does anybody know if I can change this setting please ?

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Yeah. Watch YouTube. There is an advance menu with the interesting settings. Top speed and throttle speed ect.
I watched and copied.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Ill also add that some say they can't change? So I'm not sure if everyone is getting in the advanced menu or it's gone?

JeffM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2024
The advanced menu doesn't work any more, I did wonder if there is any way of unlocking the display, or if any other display will work, there are loads on Amazon.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If like my yose kit the only things you can change are the speed metric, either mph or kmh. And the wheel size the effect of which is a proportional difference in the speed displayed while the motor performs pretty much the same regardless..

However, its no big deal since the bike works :) I was initially quite irked, and went as far as ordering a kt dual voltage controller and display which never got fitted.. as while it was in transit, i rode the bike and got used to it ..

edit.. virtual full throttle can be achieved with setting a high pas level and low gear on the bike and slow/ghost pedalling..:)

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If a twist throttle is needed you can source the yose 350w kit battery base/controller and display which will not be f/w hobbled as its the 'international version'.. Or a 36v kt controller in the 'inside battery base' format could be sourced from a supplier like topbikekit, but the refit is a bit more involved and requires soldering rather than just unplugging and plugging back in.

if new to ebikes and have history with traditional m/cycles I get the expectation of a direct speed control, but Pedal Assist is different, and once you get used to it is just as natural to control.. but can take a week or two . well it did with me..

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Hi, I have just fitted a 250W rear wheel kit from Yosepower, when I looked up the downloadable instructions for the display there are instructions on how to change throttle settings. When I followed them nothing happens, according to their support, the throttle will only work for 6 km/hr walk assist.
Does anybody know if I can change this setting please ?
The throttle cannot be configured on their 250w road legal kits and will only work to 6km/h. The top speed is also limited to 15mph. Yosepower's website does say this in the description.
If you want these functions you can buy their 18a controller that they
put in the 350w kits. You will also need another C500 display. The one in the 250w kit will work with the 18a controller and you can increase speed limit but not configure throttle. They sell both separately and the controller is available as an integrated battery mount for the Hailing 01 battery or as a "stand alone" one. I bought my three kits last year so the above assumes they haven't changed the specifications since then. I don't think they have.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can't use KT displays with Yose as the Yose are now Lishui.
Only the very first early Yose kits came with KT, then for the worse they changed control systems.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
For the last 12months Yose have been shipping a JYT brand controller with 250w rear wheel kits, its totally locked down, even the f/w bods on pedelec.de have no hacks or cracks..

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
For the last 12months Yose have been shipping a JYT brand controller with 250w rear wheel kits, its totally locked down, even the f/w bods on pedelec.de have no hacks or cracks..
Correct. My 250w rear kit came with an integrated JYT 15A controller. I was able to substitute the Lishui 18A controller and separate C500 display bought from Yose ( as detailed above). Just "plug and play" with the rest of the 250w kit and all the advanced settings are then accessible, along with a useful amps boost.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
One can't use KT displays with Yose as the Yose are now Lishui.
Only the very first early Yose kits came with KT, then for the worse they changed control systems.
Yes, on that post I had 2 links, one to a KT controller and one to a KT display - I was suggesting changing both together (it didn't seem too expensive, even including postage) - I wasn't sure if the pas sensor and throttle would fit though

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Yes, on that post I had 2 links, one to a KT controller and one to a KT display - I was suggesting changing both together (it didn't seem too expensive, even including postage) - I wasn't sure if the pas sensor and throttle would fit though
Just check. I think you may also need a different control cable (1T4 or 1T5 ?).

Last edited: