Yose Power Hub- need a new rim!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are these any good for you?

Able to take tyres up to 65mm.
The one reviewer says he used one to fit an Alphine hub on a Tern D8 (I know nothing about Tern's!). Also available in 36 spoke version.
Ryde were formerly Rigida, so decent quality.
Thanks, yes that does help. I have 28H and 32H rear hubs, 18H and 28H front hubs - 28H are Tern, the others are original Dahon Kinetix. I'll have to see what 74mm front hubs are available from Shimano and others. I should buy a front rim plus other bits soon before I need them - managed to buy an entire spare new rear wheel on for less than the price of any of those rims late last year, still haven't got around to installing it; spokes might be rubbish, it's bound to need truing (they all have so far). I think the widest tyre I can fit on my frame is not much wider than 2.125", wider may result in woolly handling anyway?

You guys always make things so difficult and expensive. I've never used any rims other than the cheapest ones I can find on Ebay and Amazon. I have never had a single issue with any of them - no corrosion, no spokes coming loose, no denting , no cracking, no truing necessary. That's building always with 14g spokes, if that makes a difference. I always ride up and down curbs and on rough trails. I've also hit many potholes.

Be careful of rims with eyelets in the holes, especially if you plan to use 13g spokes, because they tend to hold the spokes at right angles to the rim. Either use 14g spokes and nipples or don't have eyelets.
Thanks, very useful hearing your experienced perspective regarding the cheapos and eyelets. I'l have another good look around on the internet's Chinatown.