Where to buy TSDZ2 - and have i got the right items on my list.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hub or mid drive anyone not fitting a brake cut out for the throttle is asking for trouble should a fault occur.

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
I had the same issue, played with the magnet distance for ages & could get a speed reading fine by waving a spare magnet over the sensor. At this point I realised the sensor is very sensitive to orientation. It needs to have the wire exiting north or south. Apparently there should be an orientation arrow on the sensor but I couldn't see one! Works great now.
The instructions i used said to put the sensor on the left chain stay. I have put the lead pointing forward so assume that this is the correct orientation...!
I have adjusted the distance by moving slightly further away and it hasn't shown any odd speeds, so hope that issue is now fixed.

Have got the battery bracket very solid using a couple of cable ties in addition to the bolts going into the eyes but have an ill-defined plastic vibration when i go over bumps. Cannot find the source and it is annoying!

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
Hub or mid drive anyone not fitting a brake cut out for the throttle is asking for trouble should a fault occur.
Perhaps i'm being dim, but given that the drive is through the chain so i won't get driven forward accidentally and i can quickly turn the battery switch off, what could the issue be?

Wirdy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 29, 2020
Perhaps i'm being dim, but given that the drive is through the chain so i won't get driven forward accidentally and i can quickly turn the battery switch off, what could the issue be?
It'll drive you. Honest. Good luck with trying to turn off the battery whilst in blind panic!

Reactions: not dave and Nealh

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
If the battery base is not fixed level ,the plastic flexes over the bumps and will eventually crack
A lot of weight fixed through very small screws the plastic creaks irritating but can be solved
Fixed in 4 places and an old rubber inner tube used as spacers -washers wish i had a 3d printer IMG_20200518_182954.jpg rubber i

Reactions: not dave

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Long before you can turn the battery off the bike will rear up and be wheelieing away.
A brake sensor is instant cut out.

Reactions: not dave and Wirdy

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
If the battery base is not fixed level ,the plastic flexes over the bumps and will eventually crack
A lot of weight fixed through very small screws the plastic creaks irritating but can be solved
Fixed in 4 places and an old rubber inner tube used as spacers -washers wish i had a 3d printer View attachment 35747 rubber i
Thanks Peter. I think I’ve got mine well secured now but may add some old inner tube as you suggest.
Ps. I have found the source of the annoying rattle, it was the charger plug cover. Have put a couple of layers of insulation tape and that has almost totally removed the noise. Now that has gone another, quieter noise is evident....

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
What is the smallest display for the tsdz? The vlcd5 takes up a lot of space on my handlebars and so far I have only used the assist level and view of battery levels.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Hi, I'm about to buy the 36v version coz only it has the Coaster Brake function (for coaster brake back wheel I've already ordered. Am I making a big mistake? (I see Woosh have gone 48v and figure there's a reason).

The XH18 display appears to have only 2 buttons, power and info, so how does one access the menu? People talk about 'power', 'holding down 2 buttons', using 'up', 'down', to select, then 'info' to confirm. Would VLCD5 be better and hide it under a cover? (Its a bit big & modern for a retro bike, and sticks out in full view but dont know how long wiring is for moving it elsewhere).

Can a 'kill' switch be fitted? Coaster brake version has no throttle or brake cutoff supplied, is there a socket to plug in ones own switch?

Sorry for all d questions at once but this seemed like most recent thread on topic.
Cheers.

B.P

Just Joined
Nov 27, 2020
The instructions i used said to put the sensor on the left chain stay. I have put the lead pointing forward so assume that this is the correct orientation...!
I have adjusted the distance by moving slightly further away and it hasn't shown any odd speeds, so hope that issue is now fixed.

Have got the battery bracket very solid using a couple of cable ties in addition to the bolts going into the eyes but have an ill-defined plastic vibration when i go over bumps. Cannot find the source and it is annoying!
Very late info but if you want to avoid drilling into the frame like myself, I used a separate 5mm aluminium plate which I bought then drilled the holes to fit the existing bottle holes to secure the aluminium plate to the frame. Then drill additional holes into the aluminium plate to fit the battery plate. Works very well.

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
But you still only have two fixings with an additional plate, so no better off.
As spock says illogical captain.