Where Do You Live V2.0

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Hi All,

Some saved locations are there but not all, Grandad. I have had no luck with help files etc and am just about resigned to having to start again from scratch. Only, it might happen again and as a free service there is no comeback on Google. Starting again would also mean a new map and therefore a new URL so all the links would be dead.

Ah well, :(

SimonHutt

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Cheshire, WA4
Just gone into it on my laptop and looks okay, but does not seem to be the full complement of locations showing?:confused: Shame if it has been a waste of all your time updating. :mad:

Simon

C

Cyclezee

Hey Django, what did you do, it all seems to there and functioning again:D
I am also able collaborate again;)

Cheers,

John:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Like Steve I am now proud owner of a Gazelle Easy Glider, Could you add that detail to my entry please
Davidw
I can't see you on the map David, not as davidw, are you on it as DavidH, and if so, would you like that corrected?

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Well, I sent a couple of e-mails to Google and just asked the question but, frankly, did not expect to see it again and have no idea what the cure was - would love to take the credit but . . . . . !

+1 for Google I suggest.

Tomorrow I will compile a spreadsheet detailing locations so that reconstruction will be easier in the event of another problem.

Good news.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for your efforts Django, one way or another it's back, so hopefully it won't happen again.

C

Cyclezee

Well, I sent a couple of e-mails to Google and just asked the question but, frankly, did not expect to see it again and have no idea what the cure was - would love to take the credit but . . . . . !

+1 for Google I suggest.

Tomorrow I will compile a spreadsheet detailing locations so that reconstruction will be easier in the event of another problem.

Good news.
The point is you made the effort to contact Google Django, so you should take credit for resolving the problem;)
The spreadsheet is also a good idea;)

Thanks Django,

John:)

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks for the votes of confidence - much appreciated.

As I set about recording locations and names in a spreadsheet, I noticed that I could save the map into Google Earth and store a local copy on my computer as a KML file. That I have now done, so in the event of catastophic failure in the future it will simply be a case of starting up a new map and importing the information into that. We would still lose the original URL but at least the information is safe. :)

I just need to remember to back it up on a regular basis.

davidw

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2008
High in the Northern Pennines
I can't see you on the map David, not as davidw, are you on it as DavidH, and if so, would you like that corrected?
Flecc
quite right. DavidH is to do with my sign in for the forum as opposed to my normal email address. I find it all confusing but perhaps better stick with my 'forum identity'. Whichever you think I'll go with.
But at least my marker is in exactly the right place on the map!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi David. I see that John (Aldby) has already added the Gazelle Easy Glider for you, and now I've also altered the name to correspond to the forum name "davidw".

Robin

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2008
SL4
Hullo, thought I'd try to add myself to the map, but I have no clue how to.

I added my post code to the User Profile... was that right? Should that have done it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Robin, one of the people appointed to do it has to do it for you. If you just let us know the first half of your post code we'll do it.

It was originally open for anyone to edit, but of course that left it wide open for anyone to sabotage it by wrecking the entries, so that had to change.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Robin,

Added on SL4
Bit of confusion:confused: I was in the process of adding Robin at exactly the same time as you Django, so he was added twice, but I removed one and added the make of bike;)

John