Where can I get a lead acid battery from please?

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Ive found a very cheap second hand bike with out a battery.It wants a 36V SLA that fits behind the saddle post like Wisper,Urban Mover and many others do with their lithium batteries.Does any one know where I amy find such a beast please?

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Try contacting Bikes and Batterys 01780 471 010. They supply batteries of all shapes and sizes.

FrankC

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Some of the older ebikes with SLA batteries used odd size's.
I had a problem when my SLA's died and had to find a replacement.
I went a different way .... http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1741-dilemma-replacing-my-sla-batteries.html .... but I did eventally find a company who said they supplied the small 8amp batteries that fitted my case. They also sell off odd cases so they may have an old case that could be modified or re-vamped.

Parts - electric bikes - moto352

-----------------------------------------------
Cougar Mountain Electric Bike 36v 200w rear wheel Hub motor (Jul07)
fitted with 10 Ah LiFePo4 battery (Apr08)
Maximum range (road/hills - Cornwall) 18 miles
Maximum range (on flat) 25 miles

Last edited:

PaulBarnes

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2009
try Burglar alarm batteries

Ive found a very cheap second hand bike with out a battery.It wants a 36V SLA that fits behind the saddle post like Wisper,Urban Mover and many others do with their lithium batteries.Does any one know where I amy find such a beast please?
Try Burglar alarm batteries SLA 12 volt 7AH .. multiply them to get your voltage...Price 12 to 15 pounds each