What's your protection against cold?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Has anyone tried these to help keep their hands warm? BreezeBlockers - Hand and foot shields for cyclists.
That thing seems nice. I tried many "windproof" gloves, included 2 gloves on top of the other and motorbike winter gloves... But my fingers still become blue with the strong cold wind at 0C.

Maybe this thing could be the right solution? Going to email them to see if they do it for brompton and if it's efficient at 0C with strong wind :)

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
i suffer from raynoulds [vibration white fingers] when cold it is like having your fingers jamed in a door ,
i have gloves that heat up,with 3 triple a batts ,and a pair of sealskinz it works for me .

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
i suffer from raynoulds [vibration white fingers] when cold it is like having your fingers jamed in a door ,
i have gloves that heat up,with 3 triple a batts ,and a pair of sealskinz it works for me .
Does it work when it's so cold the usual london rain become ice, and the strong wind just pierce through multiple layer of windproof gloves?

If so, I'd be interested on the link for a quick purchase lol

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I use these gloves

You won't suffer cold hands ....
I bet my fingers would still freeze in those when it goes sub-zero. Thick neoprene diving gloves (under outer fleece gloves) are the only thing which has worked for me when actually put to the test. Trouble is they're a bit tight across the base so I stay warm but get cramps instead so only wear them when absolutely cannot do without :( .

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Fleece balaclava and ski goggles giving zero skin exposure. Cheap but extremely effective. Thin fleece under my hi-vis jacket. Blazewear heated gloves (all 5 digits) with lithium batteries. BBB Hardwear shoe covers for when it's snowing. I'm good to about -20C.