What is the maximum price you would spend on an electric bike?

TonyReisman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2010
Our company bought three Juicy Sports over 18 months ago. We paid £750 for each and they have been perfect for us (central London based courier company). I am now looking for 3 more bikes and quite frankly would purchase the same again except that I see Juicy Bikes have released a new bike with better forks and brakes. They offer upgrades for hydraulic forks and brakes so we can now choose to tailor the bike exactly to our needs. I can not see another bike out there with this option? So now I have to decide whether £199 is best spent on forks or brakes or both? Standard Juicy brakes seem fine though regular adjustment is needed but really is very simple to do. I do like the prospect of hydraulic suspension again at £199. Both upgrades seem very reasonable, but realistically the standardsport bikecontinues to serve us very well indeed. Choices choices!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Tony,

You are clearly happy with the bikes you have, but I wonder if you might be interested in an alternative brand for £750 each.
We have the eZee Sprint Primo instock, for full specification please click on the following link Bikes & Conversion Kits - Cyclezee Ltd. The standard batteries can be upgraded if required to give greater range.

Regards,

TonyReisman

Aug 10, 2010
I am very happy yes. Kind of you to point your bikes to me. They dont match the Juicy spec unfortunately (smaller battery and fewer gears) and like I say my question is whether the upgrade options offered by juicy see here are worth considering? That way lies my dillema... Thanks anyway John.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Tony Reisman...you are London based not far from our warehouse at Whitstable kent...we have a test area in front of our warehouse and a lovely ride along the seafront promenade to Herne Bay....We have every bike ready charged for testing. I strongly suggest if buying 3 bikes to test ride any replacement. We can also explain the advantages and disadvantages of the long life LifePo4 battery,used on every Kudos e-bike.
thanks
Dave
KudosCycles

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Tony
Great to hear your bikes are doing the business! If you would like to know more about Merlin, our latest bike then look out for the latest edition of Dealer News, for the motor Cycle and Scooter industry.

I can bring one over for you to try both hydraulic forks and brake upgrades.

Then you can choose whether you want both upgrades and I'd be particularly interested in your opinion and feedback. I know your team give your existing Sport bikes some hammer around London and I'm very pleased they're doing what we promised.

TonyReisman

Aug 10, 2010
THat's a kind offer Bob. The Juicy bikes have been fantastic, as has your help in the past. Merlin looks very interesting and I am keen to try it. Next time you visit London do pop in. Next week or so perhaps?
Mr Kudos - sorry, simply don't like your bikes, please do not take offence! Juicy have been great and I think it is better to stick to proven bikes and service than take a risk on your newer kudos range. I have taken a test ride and looked them over very carefully. They do not suit our rather demanding requirements.
Cycle Ezee, thanks for the PM and volume discount offer, but I do know what I am looking for and have a good understanding of electric bikes and using them for a very busy courier business. I am going to stick with juicys. My question is still what are the benefits of spending money on hydraulic forks or brakes? I guess Bobs offer of an onsite demonstration will answer that. Cheers Bob, cheers all.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Tony Reisman>no offence taken. One man's sugar etc............! We have a new bike named Safari which has been specifically designed for the hire industry,corporate usage,the police etc but initial stock will not be available until late April,price £1145.00 Enjoy your Juicy bikes,they have good reviews.
Dave
Kudos