What bike test-drive policies do you have?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Many thanks to Martin at Onbike, who does indeed let customers out for decent test rides. Yesterday I took out a AVE XH-3 for twenty minutes, swiftly followed by this year's Emotion Neo Cross. The local terrain outside their trading estate location is very hilly, and ideal for testing decent bikes with strong drive systems.

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
I was able to try out the last two e-bikes I bought from my LBS (The Bike Warehouse in Faversham) by taking them out for a spin on the roads. It meant I was able to test them on the killer hill on my commute (a round trip of about 6 miles) so when I bought them I was sure they would do the job.

The first time they got the bike in from Powabyke specifically so I could try it out, on the day of the test ride I left them my credit card and was left to get on with it. The second time I saw that they had the latest Powabyke on display so I asked for a test ride, they knew me well enough by then to just let me get on with it without leaving any security.

Same here in Penrith. We have a good range to try and allow any prospective buyer to have a long ride on the bikes. We do ask for ID if the customer has just walked in off the street, but if they have arrived by car and have parked in our car park we don't worry about it.
We often find customers come with partners and they are obviously trustworthy folk.

D

Deleted member 4366

Many thanks to Martin at Onbike, who does indeed let customers out for decent test rides. Yesterday I took out a AVE XH-3 for twenty minutes, swiftly followed by this year's Emotion Neo Cross. The local terrain outside their trading estate location is very hilly, and ideal for testing decent bikes with strong drive systems.
We'd be interested to know what you thought of them in another thread.

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer