Trek Valencia+

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
I wonder if kallkoff have ever considered a regen system i suppose it might not work on the panasonic system and then of course how much would it inflate the price.:) nigel.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I wonder if kallkoff have ever considered a regen system i suppose it might not work on the panasonic system and then of course how much would it inflate the price.:) nigel.
It couldn't possibly work with the Panasonic system as there's no way to transmit power back through the derailleur to the motor. You might need to think about it, but there are at least three reasons each of which would be enough....

Rog.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
There are a myriad of settings possible with the Bionx system by programming the console with 4 digit codes.
as an aside, if you use the ancient English or current Oriental definition of a myriad thats both gramatically and mathematically correct :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Panasonic have a regeneration model with a front hub motor but still with their mid mounted torque sensor crankcase and combined battery. In that model it is uniquely a true electric brake (and the only front brake), working rather like the KERS system that was on formula 1 cars last year.

They have 3000 of them intended for Japanese roads only on an extended trial at present before any spread elsewhere. The same front hub motor but without the braking and regeneration feature appeared in both the Kalkhoff Agattu F and the Kalkhoff Jubilee last year in very limited numbers. Only the F version shown here appeared in the UK:

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

as an aside, if you use the ancient English or current Oriental definition of a myriad thats both gramatically and mathematically correct :D
OMG, correct, was I correct:eek: Well, there is a first time for everything................probably won't happen again though:rolleyes:

J:) hn