Tonaro esprit -quick update

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
Hi d8veh, not knowing very much (ie nothing!) about the technical side of things I assumed it would have to be a throttle specifically for the Esprit and have already emailed Phil to ask if one can be fitted retrospectively if I buy bike without just now. I'll see what he comes back with but thanks meantime for your suggestion

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi d8veh, not knowing very much (ie nothing!) about the technical side of things I assumed it would have to be a throttle specifically for the Esprit and have already emailed Phil to ask if one can be fitted retrospectively if I buy bike without just now. I'll see what he comes back with but thanks meantime for your suggestion
These are models probably originally destined for European market (pedelec only) Regs not due to change here banning them for a while I believe......

C

Cyclezee

I have it on good authority from a lady in the know that throttles are being shipped to Phil for retro fitting and it was a mistake on the part of Tonaro. I would imagine for the reason that Eddie gave.

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
I have it on good authority from a lady in the know that throttles are being shipped to Phil for retro fitting and it was a mistake on the part of Tonaro. I would imagine for the reason that Eddie gave.
I'm thinking that might be Lynda as she's the only person more excited than me about the Esprit! Anyway, if you're around Lynda, I wonder if you're going to go ahead with the trial ride or wait for the throttle to come. If you're going ahead I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think, even if its only a quick "Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!"

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
For anyone who's interested, I've now been told by Phil that he expects the throttles, for retro fitting, to arrive in about 10 days. The suspense is killing me!