The flatpack EV: how Luvly is aiming to revolutionise the micro-EV market

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"Starlink received permission in December to launch a new constellation of 7,500 second-generation Starlink satellites – more than twice the number the company currently has in orbit. "

"Amazon was given the green light by the FCC to eventually launch a constellation of 3,236 of the satellites. "

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I wouldn't have an ev without home charging. In my neck of the woods public charge points can be unreliable and when i need to travel 200 miles by car its frequently unnegotiable, not something i can risk not having immediately available. I'm as concerned about the environment as any other right minded person, but would have an ice if I didn't have it. But it contrasts with my experience of the continent, a historically poor region like calabria. With ten times better cheaper more reliable public transport than UK. Am sure it doesn't apply (travelling on train with windsurfer would be a challenge), but in calabria the same emergencies (say travelling rapidly from South London to Bournemouth, which on uk public network becomes a massive pita) is pretty fast easy pleasant cheap straightforward. All by way of saying we'd need fewer cars, ev or ice, if we were a bit better at managing ourselves generally
We, re just back from Cyprus. Hired car for a few days but realised for £1.50 we could do 7 mile journey by bus.. Stand up paddle board/pump /paddle all in holdhall. Worked fine. Always on time, plenty of room. No hassle.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We, re just back from Cyprus. Hired car for a few days but realised for £1.50 we could do 7 mile journey by bus.. Stand up paddle board/pump /paddle all in holdhall. Worked fine. Always on time, plenty of room. No hassle.
That's the key, good public transport. As I've been posting, we will go that way and already have in London where car ownership is now the lowest in the country. Not because it isn't affordable but because so many no longer need a car with our low cost and plentiful public transport.

And the young can no longer afford a car anyway with today's costs, something that will gradually increase as the supply of old cheap ic cars dries up from 2030 on with only new EV available. By 2040 the roads will start to look far quieter as the total fleet reduces and public transport and shared usages increase.

2050 due to the zero emission target will be an unrecognisable scene for today's eyes.

Advertisers