Tektro Brake Pads Help

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
A bit of help needed!

I am trying to order some Pads to fit my Tektro Hydraulic callipers on the front of my Wisper but can’t seem to match any up using the code on the rear of the pad.
How do you go about matching compatible pads?

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Here you go, also Clarks M2/M3 are the same.

Tektro and Clarks use Shimano pads for their brakes callipers or copy the size/style.

Last edited:
Reactions: 01wellsd and Woosh

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Here you go, also Clarks M2/M3 are the same.

Tektro and Clarks use Shimano pads for their brakes callipers or copy the size/style.
Thanks for the quick reply Nealh.
Just out of curiosity for the future, how do you tell?! lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you browse ebay some sellers have a list of all pads they sell and pics of all the pad styles. If you want spares for the future buy them direct via China sellers for £1.50 a pair.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
If you browse ebay some sellers have a list of all pads they sell and pics of all the pad styles. If you want spares for the future buy them direct via China sellers for £1.50 a pair.
Basically, exactly as I have done since I got a bike with disk brakes!
Mine are cheap and not sophisticated brakes, but are still the best brakes I myself have ever experienced on a bike.
Any better and I would fly off the saddle! :D :D
A replacement caliper very similar, together with a nice thick disk (A plastic adjuster on the original one got damaged by UV light, but I repaired it later, and it is back on my bike now!), cost me less than 14 UK Pounds on ebay.....Unbelievably cheap!
It worked exactly as well as the original, e.g.Brilliantly! And had no plastic bits, as my old one now has replacement Stainless steel parts that I pressed into service!
Before and after!!SAM_1452 - Copy.JPGSAM_1470.JPG

regards
Andy