Swytch Max replacement battery

Avdw

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2024
I took a Swytch kit with Max battery to a cousin in South Africa. The battery is not working properly. What replacement battery can I get him? Not a Swytch, as I can't have it delivered to South Africa.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The connector in the clamp mechanism is unique to Swytch. You can use any 36v battery you want if you can connect it. The controller sits inside the clamp mechanism and has two wires from the connector to the controller. To connect another battery, you need to cut those wires and extend them external to the housing, where you can put on a pair of your favourite connectors (male and female with the male on the controller side), then either join them to use the Swytch battery or connect any other 36v battery to the controller side.

There's a thread with everything you need to know about it here:

Reactions: Avdw

Avdw

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2024
The connector in the clamp mechanism is unique to Swytch. You can use any 36v battery you want if you can connect it. The controller sits inside the clamp mechanism and has two wires from the connector to the controller. To connect another battery, you need to cut those wires and extend them external to the housing, where you can put on a pair of your favourite connectors (male and female with the male on the controller side), then either join them to use the Swytch battery or connect any other 36v battery to the controller side.

There's a thread with everything you need to know about it here:
Thanks so much!