Swytch Kit - no communication, nobody cares

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Swytch may be trying to improve...or it's a cynical marketing ploy.

If you have issues with them look at this thread on another forum:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Swytch may be trying to improve...or it's a cynical marketing ploy.
They don't need rocket scientist or even a student to improve. It is enough to order kits with 27.5 and 29 wheels to cover majority of orders and make Amazon to do deliveries. Delivery time reduced from 6 months to 1 day...

martigiamp

Just Joined
May 31, 2023
I have a similar story as well. I requested a refund because my Swytch kit was not compatible with my bike. They refunded me, but I only received a portion of it. Then I followed up with their customer service, got a few replies, and then they stopped responding. It has been a week now. The customer service experience was not good so far.
Where did you send back the kit and ask for the refund? I have been trying to do so for 2 weeks now but nobody answers and the address on the box is a bug warehouse and It seems sketchy.
Thank you!!

Greenrun

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, my experience with Swytch was mixed. Lack of communication is their biggest problem as it seems they do not have many people. I ordered 2 kits in sept 22 for estimated delivery in mar 23. When they did not turn up as expected. I Emailed them and a week later received a reply with a revised delivery date 1 month later. This date also slipped but a new revised date May 11th - June 15th was on their tracking site. Finally received 1 kit on 11th May and second kit 5th June, nothing missing. Its fortunate we were in when both the delivery were made as there is no pre-notification of delivery. Fitted the kits on Brompton's and so far quite pleased as it is a neat solution and for us, keeps the front carrier clear for bags.

Jamesind

Just Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Fingers crossed for you.
We were initially very pleased with the 2 kits we ordered. The battery controller on one battery failed just out of warranty. The battery works and resets but cannot be charged..surely something easy to fix?
There is no engineering back up, service back up and a very slow customer service.
I have at last got hold of customer service who insist I have to upgrade for another £400 plus and wait another 3 months to the autumn for a replacement…. and I guess the same when the other battery fails . You would think that they would rush to appease customers but they rely on ordering stuff from China and don’t give a damn.
WOULD SUGGEST NOBODY BUYS FROM SWYTCH
Hope you all have better luck .
j

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt

Jamesind

Just Joined
Jun 13, 2023
No idea about Dunhelm post being tacked on.

Further to Swytch problem I did eventually get help and was given an old style battery to replace mine..even though I was initially told they didn’t have any…. It took a lot of e mails and I suspect the various emails to their CEO may have sorted the issue.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
No idea about Dunhelm post being tacked on.

Further to Swytch problem I did eventually get help and was given an old style battery to replace mine..even though I was initially told they didn’t have any…. It took a lot of e mails and I suspect the various emails to their CEO may have sorted the issue.
how many nsfw memberships did u sign the ceo up for??