Stealth Bomber - Error 7 - help !

Rake722

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Hi all we have a 72 V battery fitted to a stealth bomber not so long ago one of the rot bolts became unthreaded and tore into the main harness. We stripped down the hub and repaired it since then it must have short circuit of the controller, so we have replaced the controller with a 60 amp or 65 amp version, the bike worked well for a short period developing error 7 and it’s driving me crazy. Can anybody kindly assist us with troubleshooting this error?

The last time the hub was open I noticed a little bit of bear wire on the whole sensor wires. My immediate reaction is to investigate this however I’d be pleased to understand if there are any tests we can perform before stripping down the hub motor again could be anything else as well.?

Thanks in advance

piratepete

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2024
What is a "Stealth Bomber"? I've always wondered if it's based on the power or shape of the bicycle.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
All I know is that there is a huge thread dedicated to them in the ES forum linked above ( forum not thread). i think its a frame design?? but the size of battery and motor generally employed elevates them well beyond our scope

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
A real Stealth Bomber B52 is an Australian e-bike capable of 60mph. They have been around for many years and are very expensive.

Stealth also make less powerful and cheaper e-bikes these days and some of them are road legal.

Europe has been flooded with much cheaper ebikes called Stealth Bombers and they are commonly described as Stealth Bomber clones. But I wouldn’t even call them a clone because they are nothing like the real one. They look similar at first glance but none that I have seen come with a gearbox.

Also frames described as Stealth Bomber frames are readily available, but once again they aren’t even close to the quality of a real Stealth frame.

Here is a link to the Stealth site:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: thelarkbox

Advertisers