Side swipped by a van.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
The legislators may or may not have been insistent that pedelecs are bicycles for those who need assistance.

It matters not. We are working in realtime now.

People like Haibike and several other manufactures are clearly targeting at the young and fit. This can only be good for all.

These bikes are for anyone who wishes to use one either for fun or as their day to day travelling.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc,
I have no doubt you believe you are right on this matter, but you provide no evidence to suggest that it is anything but your own interpretation. :)
Your mind seems to be closed on this, the last sentence of my last post is very clearly that evidence.

But here's more. Following the DfT's consultation before preparation for the new forthcoming EU harmonised pedelec law, they held a meeting with interested parties. Requests for easing of the EU regulations met with varying responses. For more speed was met with an absolute veto. For more power also elicited an unfavourable response.

But when the subject of the banned EU throttles was raised with a request for them here on the grounds that some need them such as to get off the mark due to physical limitations, the response was much more favourable. The DfT are as a result seriously considering their inclusion in the new law.

So want cut no ice, while need found favour.

CPP

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2013
Dear Rich,

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. Please accept our sincere apologies.
I can assure you that the two drivers concerned will be suspended from any driving duties with immediate effect- pending a full investigation.

Can you please provide your contact details via a private message on this site so I can keep you informed of the outcome of our investigation.

Once again I apologise on behalf of Cornish Premiere Pasties.

Yours sincerely,

Fiona Rick
(Director)

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Your mind seems to be closed on this, the last sentence of my last post is very clearly that evidence.

But here's more. Following the DfT's consultation before preparation for the new forthcoming EU harmonised pedelec law, they held a meeting with interested parties. Requests for easing of the EU regulations met with varying responses. For more speed was met with an absolute veto. For more power also elicited an unfavourable response.

But when the subject of the banned EU throttles was raised with a request for them here on the grounds that some need them such as to get off the mark due to physical limitations, the response was much more favourable. The DfT are as a result seriously considering their inclusion in the new law.

So want cut no ice, while need found favour.
You accuse me of something that you are demonstrating. My mind is not closed on this. I have asked you for a reference to support your view. I am willing to accept your view if you provide a link to a document produced by legislators that says what you claim. You haven't offered one. You cite those physically fit as being 'specifically excluded' You then go on to cite discussions on the new eu regulations. Whilst throttles may be a concession to those less fit, they do not exclude there use by those who are physically fit.
SRS's post sums the current situation up: something about which we seem to agree:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You cite those physically fit as being 'specifically excluded'.You then go on to cite discussions on the new eu regulations. Whilst throttles may be a concession to those less fit, they do not exclude there use by those who are physically fit.
The first sentence does not refer to throttles, it refered to the specific exclusion of what the legislators see as sport riding speeds and therefore those who use them.

Quoting from sentences from two different posts of mine on different aspects of the subject, pretending they were linked, is dishonest.

Last edited:

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Dear Rich,

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. Please accept our sincere apologies.
I can assure you that the two drivers concerned will be suspended from any driving duties with immediate effect- pending a full investigation.

Can you please provide your contact details via a private message on this site so I can keep you informed of the outcome of our investigation.

Yours sincerely,

Fiona Rick
(Director)
Nice to see the company has responded in a positive manner. Nearly missed this post any chance peerjay and flecc could call it a draw or start a new thread. Think lots of people will be interested to read the original post

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Nice to see the company has responded in a positive manner. Nearly missed this post any chance peerjay and flecc could call it a draw or start a new thread. Think lots of people will be interested to read the original post
+1 Yes, Sorry:eek: I've hijacked the thread asking for what I thought was a simple clarification. That wasn't my intention.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No concession on the dispute, but I agree on the importance of the OP's last post.

It is the most important post in this thread and this is the link to it

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Good to see that the company has taken this incident seriously..... and so they should, it was a terrible standard of driving with complete disregard for other road users.

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Good news that Richie (I hope) has reported this to the company and has had a positive response. Drivers and riders have a need to be responsible in the way they act and behave, minor violations can cost a life and that is to great a sacrifice.

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
I think those guys have had a shot across the bows and hopefully learnt a lesson for safer driving. Fair play to the Director for replying to this thread. Free hand crimped pasties for life could be your compensation? You will need a 6000 watt motor to move you then lol. You might not have been here to take up that offer though.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Dear Rich,

Yours sincerely,

Fiona Rick
(Director)
Hi Rich have you heard any more cant think there was a lot to investigate?

Watch Video

Talk to staff

Take action

filsgreen

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2013
Litherland, Merseyside
Having watched the video, it's obvious the guy swiped you by not giving you enough room. However, you passed the Renault at 29 seconds, leaving him very little room, especially when the road width was getting smaller, and then you cut out in front of him. You must have been annoyed when the van hit you, but you can't really complain when you do similar things to other road users. You may say you had enough room to get past the Renault, but if the Renault had have left you that much room and then cut in front of you, you would probably post a video complaining of his careless driving.