should E bike,s have a diagnostic test system

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I like that hall sensor test circuit. If you do not have a breadboard, you could build it using a very crude method I have used in the past . Just find a small bit of plywood. Where wires are going to meet, stick some drawing pins into the board , and solder the wires and components to them .
Flecc says that my story was "apocryphal". I would have said that but I was not sure how to spell it!

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Cheers on the halls testing info, but it wasn't the purpose of the comment.

shemozzle999 - all's well :)

apocryphal - Had too look that one up.
Me too, if we were all educated to the same standard they would have to close the playground.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I like that hall sensor test circuit. If you do not have a breadboard, you could build it using a very crude method I have used in the past . Just find a small bit of plywood. Where wires are going to meet, stick some drawing pins into the board , and solder the wires and components to them .
Flecc says that my story was "apocryphal". I would have said that but I was not sure how to spell it!
Far too complicated, just solder the component leads together it is called "bird nesting".

Warning - For workshop information only.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Me too, if we were all educated to the same standard they would have to close the playground.
Include me, I only had 8 years of school compared with the 11 years most get, and was out at work at 14 years old. Self taught, I just love the language.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
State educated until 21 (free of fees) followed by a life degree in bulls**t.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well, we've made some progress - these days, you'd be out OF work at 16....

Rog.
Two years worth of National Service was a good way of soaking up surplus jobseekers in those days Rog.

And then there were all the jobs that technology etc has got rid of or greatly reduced in number; Copy typists, Bus conductors, Road sweepers, Coal merchants, Chimney sweeps etc.

Dreamer

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2012
Bonny Scotland
When I was young I used to think National Service was wrong.

But looking at some of the teenagers coming out of schools my opinion is beginning to change.