Samebike Throttle and Controller

Bunkoff85

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 26, 2024
Hi all.

I have the Samebike LO26ii. Some little **** decided to cut all my cables. All of the cables/wires from the controller are working and intact but I am not sure what wires I am missing from up top. Has anyone got experience with these? I believe I need the bottom end three pin throttle connection that connects to the controller but can't find the correct one. Is it possible to buy pass this and go straight from the throttle to the controller connection?

Thanks in advance all

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all.

I have the Samebike LO26ii. Some little **** decided to cut all my cables. All of the cables/wires from the controller are working and intact but I am not sure what wires I am missing from up top. Has anyone got experience with these? I believe I need the bottom end three pin throttle connection that connects to the controller but can't find the correct one. Is it possible to buy pass this and go straight from the throttle to the controller connection?

Thanks in advance all
It would be better to show photos of what you mean.

Bunkoff85

Jul 26, 2024
My apologies. This is the current controller with the 2/3 plugs spare which I would think need to be attached somewhere. The problem is that some of my cables are missing after they were cut. I am also missing a brake cable sensor which I guess won't help. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Samebike are useless for advice. Been awaiting a response for three weeks from them

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
All controllers work more or less the same with the similar wires, though connectors and wire arrangements can be different, depending on what you have on your bike. Unfortunately, you've shown the wrong things for us to have any clue about what you have on your bike or what you are missing. Surely, if somebody cut your cables, you'd still have the parts that were inside the frame. Why do you keep showing the same two connectors on the controller? What about the rest?

Those bikes normally have a big LCD. Where's the connector for it?

What's on you handlebars? Show us a photo.

What sort of pedal sensor do you have? Show us a photo.

Brake switches are off by default, so don't need to be connected for the bike to work.

Bunkoff85

Jul 26, 2024
Gotcha.

The bike is completely apart but set up was as follows:

Main connector cables (picture 1) from up top with three x two pin (red connections) (pictures 2 and 3) For the Brakes x 2 and a Bell (missing).

1 x 6 pin black connector (picture 4) that connects to the M5 replacement display picture 5 and 6.

1 x 2 pin orange connector cable that connects to throttle (picture 8). The pas sensor is a circular 3 pin as shown (picture 9)

I do believe that I am missing one or two cables that were nicked or setting up incorrectly. (Whoever cut the cables tried to steal the bike first).

If I can just buy what's missing or all as one I will do so but I can't fathom out what is needed.

Thanks so much for your help mate.

Attachments

Bunkoff85

Jul 26, 2024
So to my eye the only places I cannot find cables for are the two mentioned earlier I think.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Red and black is normally auxilliary power for optional accessories. You can check it with a meter to see if it has battery voltage when the battery is switched on, or whether it only becomes live when the LCD is switched on.

The other one is special for your bike. Where's the cut cable, and where on the bike was it cut? Special connectors like that are normally for alarms, lights, horn or something like that.

Your story about cut cables doesn't make sense. You seem to have all the cables at the exposed ends. Where and what did they cut?

Bunkoff85

Jul 26, 2024
Literally every cable was cut and I have purchased all cables from break lines, display, pas sensor and throttle etc. guessing the spare is possibly for an add in as you say so. I have someone looking at it tomorrow so hopefully that will sort the issue.