S866 head unit - new version?

RschDev

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2020
I'm trying to find documentation for my S866 which seems to be a newer version than the ones documented in the online manuals or in YouTube videos. Specifically, I can't find any way to set the clock (top line of the display). The pedelec assist level can be set from 0-3. In the videos, there appear to be levels 4 and 5. I don't understand what the "Zero PAAS selection" parameter (P19) or the P20 "protocol" selection is about. There are also undocumented settings, P21, P22, and P23. Does anyone know where to find documentation for this newer version?

RschDev

Oct 28, 2020
I am having trouble posting a photo here (get “unknown error” messages. I posted the photo on Instagram and maybe this link will work. http://instagr.am/p/C_Y9he0yu--/
The photo shows a slightly different display than the one shown in the online manuals. There is an additional line at the top with additional information and more settings parameters.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
No manual links via the supplier? if not check the available manuals for manufacturer details and try that route? If with a bafang mid drive - look via bafang etc..

Displays are often f/w paired with the controller, So details of the system and bike would be useful, pictures may require a minimum post contribution 5x? 10x? iirc tho that could be another forum ;)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I am having trouble posting a photo here (get “unknown error” messages. I posted the photo on Instagram and maybe this link will work. http://instagr.am/p/C_Y9he0yu--/
The photo shows a slightly different display than the one shown in the online manuals. There is an additional line at the top with additional information and more settings parameters.
You're probably using the wrong method to post your pictures. Save your picture as a .jpg file (normal); click the picture icon at the top of the post, which has a little mountain on it; drag your picture file into the box.

RschDev

Oct 28, 2020
No manual links via the supplier? if not check the available manuals for manufacturer details and try that route? If with a bafang mid drive - look via bafang etc..

Displays are often f/w paired with the controller, So details of the system and bike would be useful, pictures may require a minimum post contribution 5x? 10x? iirc tho that could be another forum ;)
I purchased the head unit and a controller from a vendor on Amazon. They did send a "manual" which turned out to be a breakout of the different connectors, but no information on the programming the S866. If you look at the various online manuals (Veloce , Changzhou Jiannuo, or the Chi8nese Operating Manual for S866) they all show a slightly different version of the display. The version I have includes more information in the display, and things are laid out a little differently. Maybe it's just different firmware on the same meter? The vendor is called "Yunir". Looking at their products, this is the only one which is bike related, so they are probably a general product reseller.

Advertisers