Road rage

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Glad you werent hurt Neptune........but are you sure it wasnt a souped up Ford Fiesta in drag.......

I am going to throw a real tantrum Eddie and Eaglerider, if there are any more naughty comments about Mercedes drivers......I am a nice one......most of the time......promise :D

Lynda :)

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
If you are interested I have a friend who can fit an 80mm cannon and flame thrower to your bike at a very reasonable price, similar to the one I use on my shopping trolley.

Good that you escaped injury.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
We have Toucan crossings as well, for pedestrians and bikes, the crossing name a pun and continuing the creature theme from zebra and pelican crossings.
We have a Pegasus Crossing near to us.:p John Craven came and did a feature about it for his TV programme, Country File. It was the most exciting thing that had happened in our area for over 150 years and people still talk about it today.:(

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Yes, indeed.

I think I would also have offered to thrash myself with spiked chains for several hours for such heinous behavior.

Seriously though, it does seem that a majority of Mercedes drivers are prone to tantrums. Why are they all so angry all the time?
I have two. Just stay out of my way!....What route do you ride?

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
This reminds me of the lad who wrote into our local newspaper thanking all the considerate drivers who carefully drove around him. Whilst he lay in the road the victim of a hit and run. Not one stopped to see if he was alright. He had a broken femur!
Several decades ago, I was knocked off my (motor)bike whilst stationary at a T-junction. I went down sideways, with all my and the bike's weight on one elbow. Whilst nothing was broken, I was in considerable pain, as you can imagine, and was sitting on the kerb groaning and trying not to pass out. The offending driver, having walked all round his car examining it closely, eventually approached me and said, "Well, everything seems to be all right - how are you?"

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@Funklynn . I have nothing against Mercedes drivers as a species . It is 20 years since I drove a Mercedes . It was a 6X4 tractor unit attached to a 40 foot fridge trailer . I was on a trip to Spain , but was held up in France for a week due to a strike . I ended up living in it for two weeks .

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
@Funklynn . I have nothing against Mercedes drivers as a species . It is 20 years since I drove a Mercedes . It was a 6X4 tractor unit attached to a 40 foot fridge trailer . I was on a trip to Spain , but was held up in France for a week due to a strike . I ended up living in it for two weeks .

LOL......I've never been referred to as a 'species' before.........

but nice to know you dont bear a grudge :D :D

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Mercedes drivers are a species that should be wiped from the face of the earth, along with other species such as BMW, Audi, Honda, Volvo, SAAB and Jaguar drivers.

Oh and not forgetting White Van's and Prius's ;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Mercedes drivers are a species that should be wiped from the face of the earth, along with other species such as BMW, Audi, Honda, Volvo, SAAB and Jaguar drivers.

Oh and not forgetting White Van's and Prius's ;)
Woah.....Bit harsh eTim LOL .....you could at least reprieve the Mercedes drivers :D :D
......hmmmm....so what do you drive then, that deserves not to be annihilated....... ??

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
female merc drivers the worst of the lot!

:)p)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
female merc drivers the worst of the lot!
Steady Eddie.........dont feel TOO safe there on your keyboard......
you just never know when my four wheels could come across your two....... ;) :D :D

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Ok , we have had a bit of leg pulling , and I am sure we all enjoy a joke . Mercedes , Volvo and Saab/Scania , are all manufacturers of lorries . And much as we may love to hate them , remember that is how are bikes are delivered , and our food and clothes . I remember a poster in a transport cafe years ago , with the slogan " If you`ve got it , a truck brought it " . Some graffiti artist had added "does that include VD ? " Strangely , in the road transport world , I never heard a word said against female truck drivers . They were always treated in the same way as men .

Last edited: