Review of Argos £245 E-move folder

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This is a hub motor Guerney, so it wasn't a gearing issue.
Get fat fast and tow a trailer?

It was really a momentary issue caused by a water main being opened and gushing onto the road. At the time it happened, there was an inch or more of water on the road, and it was not until a later passage over the place, that I noticed there was a steel hatch covering over an underground service, in exactly the place I slipped.

It is easy to see what happened. Rider comes slowly onto road from mud path, and turns on flooded surface with harsh take up speed control e-bike, right on the flooded, steel hatch cover. Power comes on hard, wheel spins out, rider is turning, back end steps out, geriatric rider falls off cursing, picks himself up and rides off red faced with embarrassment....
As long as it doesn't happen on wet tarmac.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any bike when powered on over a wet metal cover would spin out on the rear, it isn't just a hub issue. Oner reason why I stay clear of them and never apply my brakes when on/over them

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Any bike when powered on over a wet metal cover would spin out on the rear, it isn't just a hub issue. Oner reason why I stay clear of them and never apply my brakes when on/over them
Yes. I agree. It was hidden under a running flood from an open water main, gushing out of a stand pipe, at least an inch deep, and just as I came around a corner out of a rough track onto the flooded roadway, the rather fierce controller kicked in.... Ooops.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Get fat fast and tow a trailer?

As long as it doesn't happen on wet tarmac.
No - not yet and I doubt it will, but I am on the watch.