Rear brake caliper won’t fit with motor

Ianb84

Pedelecer
May 12, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi guys, as per the title, the rear hydraulic brake caliper is way out, not even room to fit it to the iso adapter. I have read mechanical disc brakes are thinner and offer more room, has anyone had similar problems and how did u solve without changing frame,
Thanks in advance

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi guys, as per the title, the rear hydraulic brake caliper is way out, not even room to fit it to the iso adapter. I have read mechanical disc brakes are thinner and offer more room, has anyone had similar problems and how did u solve without changing frame,
Thanks in advance
If you're doing a conversion, you need to put a 12mm washer on the axle inside the left side drop-out. That's normally enough to line it up perfectly. You always start the axle spacing on the left side to get the disc to line up with the caliper when fitting a new motor. If that not what you doing, you need to explain more. Did you fit the anti-rotation washer inside the drop-out?

Ianb84

Pedelecer
May 12, 2018
Edinburgh
Sadly pics won’t upload, I’ve fitted 3 washers internal of the frame and that seems to have solved it. Is that to many washers ? I will be fitting at least 1 torque arm also , possibly 2 if that’s what anyone recommends ,
Thanks again

Attachments