PSWPOWER

sparkysxx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2024
Thanks for update.

PSW is a big company and they have many warehouses in different parts of the world. I don't think they communicate well as my parcel arrived before I managed to get tracking number out of them. Patience is needed to deal with them.

One more question - did you pay any import fees?
I wouldn't say I was being impatient as I wouldn't of batted an eyelid so far if nothing had arrived yet, I was only worried because they only supplied one tracking number to cover the whole order and only one thing arrived. If they had supplied two tracking numbers and said the items may come seperatley then I wouldn't of been worried at all.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Well I have no way of knowing that, why would I think any different if thats what I selected?
You wouldn't know, neither would you know to be patient, but from the time I told you, you could have relaxed.

As I said, you get this stuff cheap because they cannot give you the service that the more expensive companies give. That's what you're paying for or not. Remember that the PSWPower employees probably don't even speak English and think of the problems that would bring.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
I went to the North Essex Depot today and collected the motor as it still wasn't loaded on the van for delivery and was in the 'fails' pile.
I can confirm it was shipped from Germany like the battery. It's actually Parcelforce's fault that it wasn't delivered on Saturday as they are having staffing issues, they even had a parcel that my neighbour was waiting for but I couldn't collect that for him.

I've given it a quick test and all seems to be working fine. Also it looks like its not restricted for some reason? I though they were all restricted to 15.5mph? and I don't remember my first 250w bafang having extra wires for a light, I doubt I'll use them, I'll just heat shrink them closed for now.

Cheers

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's a great price! I'm tempted to buy another, this time from PSW Power.

Originally, my Amazon bought motor's speed was set in firmware to have speed limited by the DPC18 display.

20% "Keep current" was so useless, I almost sent it back and demanded a refund... fortunately a programming cable saved the seller from much stress.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
That's a great price! I'm tempted to buy another, this time from PSW Power.

Originally, my Amazon bought motor's speed was set in firmware to have speed limited by the DPC18 display.

View attachment 59707

20% "Keep current" was so useless, I almost sent it back and demanded a refund... fortunately a programming cable saved the seller from much stress.
I do have the cable needed, but don't think I have the software anymore.

PSWPOWER came good in the end, but they could of communicated better. The motor is mint as expected, still need to paint the bike before I put it on there though so it won't be getting used for a few more weeks still.

I opted for the tiny sw102 display, I had the big displays before and decided they aren't for me. Modern facory ebikes sometimes have no display at all now.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I do have the cable needed, but don't think I have the software anymore.

PSWPOWER came good in the end, but they could of communicated better. The motor is mint as expected, still need to paint the bike before I put it on there though so it won't be getting used for a few more weeks still.

I opted for the tiny sw102 display, I had the big displays before and decided they aren't for me. Modern facory ebikes sometimes have no display at all now.
These small displays are very difficult to operate unless you have tiny hands. I can't feel where the buttons are when I'm riding, and even when I figure out where they are, I have to sort of press the thumbnail in to get the click. It's not the sort of thing you'd want to be doing every couple of minutes with 9 levels of assist, so you might want to think about 5 or fewer levels unless you're happy with that and/or have a throttle to override it.

Reactions: sparkysxx

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
can you re program it to less levels?
I'm pretty sure that it's a basic setting that you can change in the LCD, but limited options, like 3, 5 or 9 levels. If you get the programming cable, you can adjust the power for each level as well as set the number of levels.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
I'm pretty sure that it's a basic setting that you can change in the LCD, but limited options, like 3, 5 or 9 levels. If you get the programming cable, you can adjust the power for each level as well as set the number of levels.
I do have the programming cable and have read it with the penoff software but don’t know what the best values are to input to make it perform better but also not fry it?