Pro connect upgrade advice please

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I also looked at those and thought i'd be replacing **** with some more slightly better ****.
Hence why i've started to look at 29er MTB forks.

Polar753

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2010
Scotland
Same conclusion, I normally like to get good quality stuff as its less hassle in the long run and I tend to keep stuff for a while. The 29er forks are a bit limited in supply too, I need to do some more research about them fitting a 700c bike, I didn't realise this would be so complicated, the new Bosch Kalkhoff is looking tempting, I just don't want to leave such a nice bike outside work. Decisions decisions!

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Taking advantage of this thread discussing suspension forks, I would like to put in a plug for Brunox Deo Fork Lubricant.

The early ProConnect S sprung forks (RST) that I mentioned earlier in this thread had a reputation for being stiff and non-absorbent on rougher cycle tracks.

I found that their performance improved immensely with a few squirts of Brunox around the seal area. They became more responsive and smoother in operation.

Nonetheless still on the stiff side and always looking under-engineered with 25mm stanchion tubes.

I still use the Brunox to keep the seals flexible and sliding easily on the Suntour Air forks and I believe that this will reduce any tendency to develop play in the forward/backward sense.

James