Newbie looking to rent initially

esuark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
puncture! as I remember it when I went on cycling trips in a group you couldn't mend your own puncture there`d always be a swarm around your bike to do it! :D

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
puncture! as I remember it when I went on cycling trips in a group you couldn't mend your own puncture there`d always be a swarm around your bike to do it! :D
I've lost count of the number of cyclists that a rescued with either my multi-tool or puncture kit when riding up the Silkin Way from Ironbridge on Sunday afternoons. The one last week was a pretty girl about 12 years old with a chain that came off. She looked proficient at putting it back on and confirmed that she didn't need any help, but I waited to confirm that she could get going again. Unfortunately, the chainguard was broken, and it prevented the chain from going on, so I removed it with my multi-tool and put the chain back on and she went happily on her way. I was left with black grease all over my hands, but I didn't care. I must admit that I found it a bit disturbing that she had black grease all over her hands while she struggled with the impossible task. Something in me says it shouldn't be allowed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nitrile then much better then latex.

Middlewife

Pedelecer
May 28, 2024
First outing today . Main problem was getting lock to fit the post, just enough room! Panniers a bit tricky but just need to bed in as my fingers not too strong. Wimped out and rode it in automatic mode as I've not ridden for years so balance, braking and steering quite enough for now. Will progress to lower assistance level and using gears next week. Just a mile to local shopping centre where I'm recovering with coffee and cake . Just started raining here and forgot carrier bag for saddle, so quick wipe with sleeve will have to do....58151

Reactions: Az.