Newbie from South Wales with a repair query.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
SRSuntour in Germany said the only screen I could retrofit was the SW102 OLED from the Vengance 2 but I just back from Halfrauds, I got a new screen and proven it working with a customers battery for £130, however it looks like my battery may be goosed. When I plug in the PEN plug it sometimes shows 4 blue lights with a flashing fifth one then it drops off to nothing. The charger is just green lit like it’s fully charged. Maybe the battery needs some work on the internal board.
The Halfords guy said the kit looks like screen, controller and crank all came from a touring bike like the Crossfire.
There’s a few used batteries on eBay for offers around £180 so this will have cost me £550 with the charger for a 2021 bike which I don’t think is bad but certainly not a bargain.
Off to find me a battery
The used batteries that they're trying to get rid of are probably the ones that keep cutting out for no reason, so be careful.

Reactions: Exuptoy

Exuptoy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 25, 2024
Cheers buddy. I managed to find a battery earlier along with the charger as the guy had other issues with his Crossfire (failed hub and bottom bracket sensor). I got the battery, DS103C screen and charger for £145 which I was happy with. Not certain if the screen can be calibrated though as it is reading slow, but more importantly everything else works including the 4 modes. I’d call that a win.

Reactions: saneagle