New to folding e-bikes.

BobbyB90

Just Joined
Apr 2, 2024
Hi, I’ve had folding bikes, road bikes, MTB (not gravel yet!).

New to e-bikes, tried a e-bike MTB on holiday, test rode an electric Brompton, liked the ability to fold to take into cafes etc.

Looking for a e-bike, potentially Brompton e-bike conversion for long distance. Have looked at ARCC, Nano, Swytch.

Like the idea of ARCC, but also like kinetics Brompton builds and ARCC were not able to provide motor with disc brake option for conversion by kinetics.

Nano seem to offer the options (also like the ability to use power tool batteries that seem a reasonable cost and easy to find). And the additional throttle/pedal option (if it works well?). I also noticed with the nano you need to remove the crank for the sensor, whereas the swytch you don’t as it sticks and clips on?
Guess I want an easy to fit myself, powertool battery power conversion for Brompton :) Budget @£1500 for the right kit. I currently have a 2018, m6r Brompton with son dynamo if I used that instead of buying a new bike.

Would ideally like a Brompton, e-bike with some off/road/gravel ability. Maybe a kinetics 18” or the new 20” MTB Brompton if I can be converted to e-bike?

Looking forward to learning from all the experience and guidance here :) I’m in the U.K. east of England.

I will start looking at various threads. Would appreciate a point in the right direction :) Thank you :) Maybe a e-bike kit that’s easy to install and get parts in the future, some seem over complicated :)

I’ve just read there is a conversion kit called woosh too? Only 2 hours from me too.

Last edited: