New to e-bikes, considering Brompton conversion.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's ok. Which display do you use and why?
KT lcd 1 right thru to KT lcd 12, there are some 15 or 16 different displays.
It all depends what you want .
Basic no thrills displays are lcd1 & lcd2 , I recently re- tro fitted a KT set up to a step thru bike for someone replacing the crappy speed control stuff. I set the bike up and opted for a KT lcd 1 for them so they can't mess up the settings which I know they did before, I didn't want them to fiddle them come back to me to sort them out.

Some of the displays have integrated thumb throttles and one can choose L or R thumb throtttle, some are colour or B&W. Some large some small.

LCD4 is a bit fiddly , tiny and discreet no use with winter gloves, LCD 5 is fairly popular but personally I'm happy with the prominent LCD3.
Takes your pick and choose they shoud all work ok and all will be compatible.
Just check the suppliers if buying from different sellers as some use KT custom stuff and one may find connectors are opposite from stock KT connectors from the factory .

Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Which part? It's a normal looking hub motor. How high quality could a weeny 126Wh battery possibly be?
By definition, it's low quality if it doesn't take you to where you need to go. Also, small batteries have to give very high current per cell, which, for most types of lithium cells, shortens their life considerably.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony1951 and Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
KT lcd 1 right thru to KT lcd 12, there are some 15 or 16 different displays.
It all depends what you want .
Basic no thrills displays are lcd1 & lcd2 , I recently re- tro fitted a KT set up to a step thru bike for someone replacing the crappy speed control stuff. I set the bike up and opted for a KT lcd 1 for them so they can't mess up the settings which I know they did before, I didn't want them to fiddle them come back to me to sort them out.

Some of the displays have integrated thumb throttles and one can choose L or R thumb throtttle, some are colour or B&W. Some large some small.

LCD4 is a bit fiddly , tiny and discreet no use with winter gloves, LCD 5 is fairly popular but personally I'm happy with the prominent LCD3.
Takes your pick and choose they shoud all work ok and all will be compatible.
Just check the suppliers if buying from different sellers as some use KT custom stuff and one may find connectors are opposite from stock KT connectors from the factory .
LCD1 only has limited settings, so best avoided.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I set up with LCD 3 to get all parameters working , LCD1 then one has basic and P parameters . The guy I did the stepthru for was afiddler and hadn't a clue to what he was doing chanaging all the previous display settings, I took that measure out of his hands so the bike will operate without trouble.
But generally KT lcd1 and lcd2 are avoided unless a simple no thrills set up is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It was a time when I considered using kt controllers for all my kits. We had a lot of support cases involving water ingress in KM JLCD, in bafang BBS01, controllers on the TCM crank drive kits overheating etc etc. I still have a box full of KT LCDs somewhere in my stock. I knew that statistically, a small percentage of cases will kill the profit and also, a small percentage of customers will mess up their settings.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"at the moment"? What is changing?
at the moment, the kit for the Brompton comes with Lishui LSW947 with standard Julet waterproof connectors, the wiring is compatible with 36V controllers using Julet connectors.
I am prototyping the new Tongsheng hub kit. It may replace Lishui controllers in the near future.

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
I've failed to get anything helpful on the qiroll. This includes contacting them direct.

I can find quick and vague you tube video showing a version running but it looks to interfere with the fold so pointless. Plus I think some custom bracket work would be involved.

I'd take a punt and sort my own bracket/bodge but if it won't fold then the option is stone dead.

My near 11kg standard m3l will remain e free for the time being

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
It's been folded up in a corner for about two years.

That is so sad to hear. Poor bike sitting there unloved and unwanted. You've probably put it in a deep depression with your selfish behaviour.

Bikes Have Feelings Too !

• :D
Reactions: Kneebiker
D

Deleted member 16246

That is so sad to hear. Poor bike sitting there unloved and unwanted. You've probably put it in a deep depression with your selfish behaviour.

Bikes Have Feelings Too !
I might blow up the tyres and get it out today.