Mudguard help - suspension forks

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
With the bazillions of different mudguard options, I’m struggling to understand why I can’t find something suitable.

The bike has 650b wheels and currently 2.3 inch tires (although these might get swapped for something skinnier). Suntour suspension forks with no eyelets for mudguards. Eyelets at rear.

I want full length mudguards, particularly at the front to stop as much water hitting feet / bb area. Also, some form of stay to stop them bouncing around. There are a few options with stays that clamp to front suspension forks but all appear shorter than I would like. Really don’t understand why this is so difficult. @Woosh has found something suitable as fitted to his Gram Camino. Are you able to share what make / model these are? I could buy the bike but that would be expensive mudguards…The best I have found are SKS Veloflex 65 but they are a bit short. P clamps feel a bit heath robinson.

New build is almost complete though…

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
I've found the Woosh style mudguards on Ali Express for Ali Express prices. The Veloflexx mudguards might not fit well with the stupid fat tires on the bike but don't want to spend much. The above clips and the cheapo mudguards will sort me out.

Related Articles

Advertisers