Looking for a e-bike that goes from 0-15mph rapidly with minimal effort

Ebike1590

Just Joined
Jul 20, 2024
I don’t know if any of you have used the VOI explorer 3 e-bike but they go from 0-15.5mph within a few seconds with no effort required. I’m looking for a similar e-bike to buy. Can anybody recommend one?

Thanks in advance!

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I dont know the bike you speak of but the 250w rear wheel kit from yose-power i fitted last summer certainly works just the way you want when set to pas level 5 and in a low gear.
Once you have started the bike, all you need do is keep the pedals revolving at any pace that suits you to maintain motor engagement. aka as ghost pedalling, a feature of all cadence based pas systems.

Also since i live at the top of most local slopes ridding out rarely requires power (for me) and the bike is as easy to ride with the kit installed without power as it was before conversion.

Pas systems that use torque sensors generally found on more expensive and complex bikes can require more cyclist input to get motor output..

So focus on the budget end of the market for minimal effort ebiking imho ;) ..

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Nah... you can set it up how you like it.

What he wants is a lot of power and fast.
So High amp controller and battery drain capacity with a 48v system then.. matched with a 36v motor for the overvolt boost too perhaps?

Google to the rescue when it comes to OP's 'ideal' bike..

Ha- its our local scooter scat-ter-er,

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I don’t know if any of you have used the VOI explorer 3 e-bike but they go from 0-15.5mph within a few seconds with no effort required. I’m looking for a similar e-bike to buy. Can anybody recommend one?

Thanks in advance!
Any 48v 250w bike will do that.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That voi is a shite looking bike.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Moped .

Reactions: Bikes4two and Woosh

ggsddu

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2024
I have a Cyrusher Ovia that I bought last month, and they really exceeded my expectations. It's a perfect bike. I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube, so I hope that helps you.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have a Cyrusher Ovia that I bought last month, and they really exceeded my expectations. It's a perfect bike. I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube, so I hope that helps you.
It's a moped , it isn't a legal pedelec.

Reactions: Az.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Its strange because it looks like it is a 250W certified motor and comes limited to 15.5 mph but it is a nominal 52 V battery, that, as I understand it, makes it illegal ?
They say it has 250W limited motor. There is no such thing. You can't take 750W rated motor and limit it to 250W to make it legal.
This bike limited to 250W would be useless anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

ggsddu

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2024
They say it has 250W limited motor. There is no such thing. You can't take 750W rated motor and limit it to 250W to make it legal.
This bike limited to 250W would be useless anyway.

As far as I know, this is a legal 250W electric bike. However, whether it remains legal or not when ridden off public roads, such as in private areas, depends entirely on the discretion of the owner if they choose to remove the restriction cable.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
As far as I know, this is a legal 250W electric bike. However, whether it remains legal or not when ridden off public roads, such as in private areas, depends entirely on the discretion of the owner if they choose to remove the restriction cable.
No, it is not legal. You can ride it on private roads and land if you have owners permission.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
No, it is not legal. You can ride it on private roads and land if you have owners permission.
and the area is not open to the public, so bridleways, cycle tracks, public canal paths etc are excluded even with owner's permission.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Its strange because it looks like it is a 250W certified motor and comes limited to 15.5 mph but it is a nominal 52 V battery, that, as I understand it, makes it illegal ?
Afraid not Peter, it is illegal on three fronts, power ,speed and voltage.
The specs say it is limited to 250w to comply with UK law and restricted to 15.5 mph via a restricition wire.
If it is limited to 250w then it means that it also can be delimited to the max wattage which ever that is 500,750 or 1kw.
Like wise if all it takes, is to disconnect a wire then again it isn't legal.
Voltage say no more.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one wants to ride a over powered bike and have a fast cut off speed then no problem, but one may have to pay the consequences one day.
Plod can and will confiscate illegal bikes , speed with no pedalling and use of a throttle will a giveaway as will ghost pedalling at high speed.
One possibly could lose their house or have a large bill to pay if someone is hurt/killed and a civil case is brought to court.

250W rated is the defacto base line but it does not mean one can't output 500 - 800w with a higher current output controller.

There is a big difference to 250w rated and ekeing out more watts then having a 500 - 1000 watt rated motor, the latter can easily turn into 2500w output or more. Detuning a 500 - 1000w motor doesn't make it 250w , it is still rated as it's stated rating.
This is where some dubious sellers are trying to pull the wool over buyers eyes.