Kudos Sport Questions

mark4444

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2011
Hi Forum

Just had my first week on a Kudos Sport and it has been great.I have heart problems I
am unable to cycle too far but an electric bike has opened up miles of country lanes for me
At the weekends I like to set off at 4am and look for birds and wildlife.I used to be a milkman!!!

Just about to fit a mountain mirrycle so I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder
and not see a pothole ahead!!

Also tried a "Universal Car Towbar Mounted 2 Cycle Carrier" today which cost less than £14
seemed to work well and will be great for going to areas further away and then exploring them by bike.

Couple of questions if anyone can help

1.Does anyone know where the fuse is on the bike and how to gain access to it.
It did come with 2 spare fuses

2.Given the position of the battery has anyone managed to fit a pannier on the rear and if so
which one.It looks like a seat post carrier would be ideal but with a couple of extra struts
for extra support.I haven't found any suppliers who give any measurements

Thanks for any help

One happy "Pedelecer"

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Hi Mark,
You will find the fuse holder in the bottom of the battery
It has been advised not to use a seat post mounted pannier as it can put a lot of stress on seat post frame. even with supporting struts

mark4444

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks for that Jazper
Have now found the fuse holder-must wear my glasses more often!!
Re seat post frame I only weigh 11 stone so the stress on the seat post frame may
not be such a worry for me.What did was my 6ft 4" 23 stone Brother-in-law taking my
bike out the other day but it seems to have survived :) Don't think he would get as
many miles per charge as I hope to!!!

mark4444

Apr 4, 2011
Cheersfor the link it was interesting and I liked your photos
Did you decide not to have a pannier rack?
Might try a trailer :)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
The seat post mounted pannier rack came off my Saracen Vice... I decided not use it under advice. I am considering using a adjustable rear rack, to fit under the battery, as you know there is not a lot of space, and i think I would have to remove the rear mudguard and maybe chop the protruding bit of the rack off to fit, still considering the options.

vufinder

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Oxfordshire
jrparker.me.uk
A new question. My Kudos Sport came with some very basic assembly and use instructions, in poor English, but no manual on how to drive it. I've figured out most things but I'm unsure of what the meter on the left of the handlebars does. It is a simple pointer dial going from - to +. It is my first e-bike so the obvious isn't to me! Any help please? Is there a manual available for download?

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Its for changing the chainrings gear ratio, I regard it as surplus to requirements, unless your planning to cycle up mountains;)

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
A new question. My Kudos Sport came with some very basic assembly and use instructions, in poor English, but no manual on how to drive it. I've figured out most things but I'm unsure of what the meter on the left of the handlebars does. It is a simple pointer dial going from - to +. It is my first e-bike so the obvious isn't to me! Any help please? Is there a manual available for download?
Hi,the dial to the LHS of the handlebars is a gearshift,not at work at moment so I cannot remember whether it is the chainring or rear cassette,just try changing when pedalling. The power of ebikes is such that many customers set the chainring on the big gear and thats where it stays for 90% time,unless you ride the bike unassisted.
By the way,the lights to the left of the throttle are redundant,the 790 display gives the battery condition readout.
Pleased that you are enjoying the bike
Dave
Kudoscycles

Thanks Jasper,our posts crossed.

vufinder

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Oxfordshire
jrparker.me.uk
Thanks all, especially for the quick replies. The -/+ dial is, indeed, for the front chainring and I probably will set it semi-permanently on the big ring, as suggested. I bought an e-bike to encourage me to cycle more and not to get hot and sweaty, so it will be used in assist mode most of the time. Even so, after two short trips I'm discovering aches in muscles I'd forgotten I had. Just what the doctor ordered!

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Last edited:

vufinder

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Oxfordshire
jrparker.me.uk
OK, another question. First, let me make it clear that I don't want to make any modifications to my Kudos Sport. I appreciate there are lots of riders who love to customise but I like to keep my 'things' in original condition. So, given that a pannier rack appears to be a non-starter (see other posts in this thread about this), can anyone recommend a handlebar basket? There isn't much space between the handlebars and the front LED lamp.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
As you say there is not a lot of space, but it could be possible. I think the best plan would be to take the bike to somewhere like Halfords, and try a couple out for size, making sure that the cables are not squashed or bent behind the basket, I don't think the light will get in the way.

Halfords | Basil MTB Wire Bike Basket Bracket