Help! KT52ZWSRCLD is it square or sine wave?

h4x0rm1k3

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2024
Hi all, I purchased a KT52ZWSRCLD 40A controller from ebikesolution.co.uk which was sent instead of the KT36/48SVPRLD 40A which they advertised and listed as a sinewave controller. I've read conflicting info on the forums in that the ZWSR is a squarewave and the SVPR is a sinewave and visa versa so I have no clear idea what's correct. The wiring loom is the standard type with a 6 pin hall sensor/power/speed sensor connector and the usual 3 BGY phase wires and has no learning wires. Has anyone got any knowledge of this controller as to whether it's square or sine wave and also if it's sensor or sensorless controller as well as there's not much info out there.
Lastly, would this controller work with the OSEC firmware at all?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
the 6 pin hall sensor connector is an indicator its a sensor'd controller, and to the best of my understanding having read similar guides, after buying a 'great ebay deal' its probably a square wave controller.
Its supposed to provide a rougher noisier ride than a sinewave controller, Mine isnt so noticable? or im not sensitive to it?

As for the open source f/w the github page explicitly states compatibility with kt sine wave controllers, but since the KT f/w does not make that distinction?? but the authors contribute on pedelec.de which is just as friendly as 'we are' so it might be more fruitful asking over there--(even post brexit hrmph, they will still converse in english for us poor monolinguals)
May i ask why use the open source f/w? since kt are mainly popular because of the configurable f/w used.

Reactions: h4x0rm1k3

h4x0rm1k3

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2024
the 6 pin hall sensor connector is an indicator its a sensor'd controller, and to the best of my understanding having read similar guides, after buying a 'great ebay deal' its probably a square wave controller.
Its supposed to provide a rougher noisier ride than a sinewave controller, Mine isnt so noticable? or im not sensitive to it?

As for the open source f/w the github page explicitly states compatibility with kt sine wave controllers, but since the KT f/w does not make that distinction?? but the authors contribute on pedelec.de which is just as friendly as 'we are' so it might be more fruitful asking over there--(even post brexit hrmph, they will still converse in english for us poor monolinguals)
May i ask why use the open source f/w? since kt are mainly popular because of the configurable f/w used.
It's been confirmed as a definite square wave by the seller now who's offered a partial refund soi'm going to see how it looks/sounds etc over the weekend and then decide whether to send it back or accept the partial refund.
As for the OS F/W it was mainly a just in case I fancied tinkering in the future really, I may find that stock is more than what I need so won't bother then.