I want to stay legal, but

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I have two bikes both with Bafang motors, 100% identical setup.

On one it is no effort cycling in setting 1 of 9, in 8th gear, for the other bike to be as "nimble" it has to be on power setting 4.

How do you "look" at the "power" settings of each 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/ please, many thanks

IMG_1617.JPG

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have two bikes both with Bafang motors, 100% identical setup.

On one it is no effort cycling in setting 1 of 9, in 8th gear, for the other bike to be as "nimble" it has to be on power setting 4.

How do you "look" at the "power" settings of each 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/ please, many thanks
9 levels is ridiculous. You must spend more time pressing those up and down buttons than riding your bike. Download the manual for your LCD and reset it to 3 or 5 levels. I think you need the programming cable to change the power of each level to what suits you. You probably need to adjust the keep current anyway, so probably worth getting the programming cable.

Reactions: Saracen

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
9 levels is ridiculous. You must spend more time pressing those up and down buttons than riding your bike. Download the manual for your LCD and reset it to 3 or 5 levels. I think you need the programming cable to change the power of each level to what suits you. You probably need to adjust the keep current anyway, so probably worth getting the programming cable.

Actually it is like a car isn't it, the power spread over a greater range makes it more (can't think of the right word" comfortable.

Like having an 8 speed automatic as compared to a 3 speed. 8 gears as compared to a 3 speed.

In fact incorrect, on a 40 mile round trip to Aberystwyth, I use 1 80%, on slight inclines 3 and 18% gradients 9 occasionally 4 and they all make a difference.

That is the problem one bike does not have the "boost" in 1/2/3 as the other I would like to set them both up the same so ANY BAFANG users advice appreciated thanks.

I have the cable ju8st never used it :( or a download

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Yes. I set mine to five levels almost straight away using the lcd when I got the bike.

Having bought a cheapish cable on Ebay, I found the link that Guerney posted worked well. It will work on any software platform because it is just a web page. Here is the link if it is of any interest:

When you load the parameters stored in your controller, the lines in the web page get populated.

Plug the cable into the Bafang screen cable.

Plug the USB end of the cable into your laptop or device

Go to the above web page and the 'Open Serial Port' tab.

A menu drops down and you select USB.

Then you read the settings in the different sections; Basic; Pedal Assist; Throttle.

I found that I had to read and write each one separately when I made changes to each individual section. Saving one did not save the others.

I have done a fair bit of fiddling in mine and it worked every time.

Reactions: Saracen

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Yes. I set mine to five levels almost straight away using the lcd when I got the bike.

Having bought a cheapish cable on Ebay, I found the link that Guerney posted worked well. It will work on any software platform because it is just a web page. Here is the link if it is of any interest:

When you load the parameters stored in your controller, the lines in the web page get populated.

Plug the cable into the Bafang screen cable.

Plug the USB end of the cable into your laptop or device

Go to the above web page and the 'Open Serial Port' tab.

A menu drops down and you select USB.

Then you read the settings in the different sections; Basic; Pedal Assist; Throttle.

I found that I had to read and write each one separately when I made changes to each individual section. Saving one did not save the others.

I have done a fair bit of fiddling in mine and it worked every time.
This is how mine is set up right now:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One has to read the settings of the good one and then copy them so that the other concurs.

Reactions: Ghost1951

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When I had mine I used 9 levels , 5 set for low torque higher spd road use and 4 set for high torque lower spd off road.

Today if I had one I think I would simply opt for 5 PAS levels , but no need with the TSDZ2 it covers all my use in eco mode.

Reactions: Ghost1951